The 90s Comeback

Well the early 90's, for me the ones that really count, the way I lived it are in "My so called life",I was just a year older than Angela in the series at the time so everything is spot on, the fashion,the way of thinking, everything, even the boys. I was reviewing some episodes and i got to the conclusion that the fashion was not that bad after all, there was a sense of freedom in dressing to please no one that I never found in any other time.

ew.com

Attachments

• 174926__jared_l.jpg
    174926__jared_l.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 9
^^OMG I so agree with My So Called Life. I was around Angela Chase's age that time too.

^ I was also My So Called Life addict. Same goes for Twin Peaks. I think those shows have really good 90s style. I agree about the freedom of dressing as well. I think the roots are in the grunge attitude. :smile:

early nineties

I so agree about Twin Peaks. It was probably my biggest style inspiration for the early nineties. Like 1993-95. That and Russ Meyer movies. From Twin Peaks...Audrey, whats-her-face. Kind of a sophisticated 60s prep school girl look. The plaid...the pale matte faces, matte red lips. Short poufy sweater sets, cardigans, skirts, bodysuits.

I was also into simple early 1960s polyester or wool dresses. I curled my hair.

Little medium heeled oxford shoes. And sexy saddle shoes, oh god, I loved saddle shoes. I was so obsessed.

sailor pants.

medium-short a-line skirts, in brown plaid and muted tones. Then the version of that skirt, only as a dress with a sort of bib top. does anyone remember those? I had one in a nubbly plaid fabric.

Also, inspired by beyond the valley of the dolls, and all that early 60s hair and heavy eyeliner on top.

And then came all the club kid stuff...tiny little baby tees, with low-rise baggy skater jeans (of which jnco was the 2nd wave mass market version).

It so interesting that you mention the brown lippy. I was thinking of trying to find something similar.

Just like the gorgeous Emmanuelle Beart in this 1994 film L'Enfer

Amazon.co.uk

Attachments

• 41DGMJ7ZBKL._SS500_.jpg
    41DGMJ7ZBKL._SS500_.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
Oh yes, I remember the brown lip well. Brown lip + thin, overplucked eyebrows = one of the quintessential '90s looks.

Drew Barrymore was something of an icon back then -- dating Eric from Hole, buddying around with Courtney Love, wearing daisies in her hair.

Her hair was really covetable, then, too:

drew%20barrymore%2090s.jpg

Source: http://www.celebnewswire.com/drew barrymore 90s.jpg

The '90s were when everybody discovered pomade for the hair. I remember thinking gel and mousse were so awfully '80s.

The little girl hair clips were popular, too -- part of that whole Courtney Love "kinderwhore" look (her term, not mine).

Yeah thats true the whole childish dressing e.g. Kids backpacks/ lunch boxes, little tiny cartoon tees, hair clips, knee high socks with doc marten boots

I am wondering if we will see the certain 90's heels returning. They look slim from the side and wide from behind. Do you know which I mean? I really dislike them.

Yeah i know what you mean, I have a pair in the back of my closet from the 90's i don't even know why i keep them

I have got rid of all mine. Hope I won't start to love them again...

Found a pic by www.healthline.com
:yuk:
However it looks even worse if the heel is also curved seen from the side :doh:

Attachments

• ShoesTooTight2-783084.jpg
    ShoesTooTight2-783084.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2
I love the 90s. I've been waiting forever for the death of that other era. The nineties will stomp all over the eighties' grave with its big black boots! bwaaaaaaaaahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->