A Fashion Show In London '99

Betty Boop

Reaction score
I did a fashion show in the London fashion week back in early 1999. I was filling in for the last minute since another model fell out, for some strange reason the fashion show is not on my account paper with all of the shows I did that season!
Anyway, the show had a cool and freaky carnival music in the background, I think there were straws on the ground, we had gold on our faces, were supposed to look like golden statues turned alive (but there was really little gold on our face). I don't remember how the hair was, the clothes were a bit rouch, I remember I was wearing a black thick skirt and really cool army like boots with a lot of holes for the shoelaces. I have heard models talk about the show as the show with and without a finale, we were told that there would be a finale, then there was none, then there was again etc etc, we stood by the stage and were going to walk out when we were screamed at that there would be no finale :P

so we had:
Real 24 (18?) carat gold flakes on some of our face
rough image clothes
rough leather armyboots with a lot of shoelace holes
carnival feeling to the show and spooky carnival music
straws or grass on the runway

PLEASSSE!!!! Someone PLEASSSE recoginse this fashion show! I want to see the pictures from the show so badly!

Wow, thanks!! So great to see these pictures :D

ME!!! :woot:

00020.L.JPG

00047.L.JPG

00048.L.JPG

I had a problem looking forward because of the lights, so strong lights :wacko:
This was my first real fashion show so it means a lot to me to see these pictures :flower:

aww you look fabulous! Great face!

:buzz: How amazing- you look so cool there! And I've always wanted to know this- but how did it feel? Was it completely terrifying, or exciting, or...?

It was stressed, but not terrified, I had done maybe 2 or 3 fashion shows before but none of them big, just small designers who couldn't pay the models, the new faces get these type of shows and then work their way up :wink: I was stressed, had butterflies in my tummy and all that but it all was ok when I came out, did my walk, tried to look normal and look in front of me since the lights were horribly bright (after a few shows I got used to the lights). I also thought about how hot the lights were :smile: so that kept my mind on something :smile: I also was thinking about how I wanted these shoes! Just a bit higher, I was into big shoes in those days. :blush:
It felt great to go out there, so new to me, I knew this show was bigger than all the others I had done, all those photographers and people, I was thankfull that I couldn't see the people all too well, that would have made me too scared :ninja:

Looking at all the pics from the show, it looks like the lights were too bright for everyone. You look beautiful, by the way. :flower:

My god lady you are stunning, so beautiful! :heart:

They are Great photos, thanks for clearing it up Atelier :flower:

Originally posted by Betty Boop@Oct 15 2004, 01:12 PM
It was stressed, but not terrified, I had done maybe 2 or 3 fashion shows before but none of them big, just small designers who couldn't pay the models, the new faces get these type of shows and then work their way up :wink: I was stressed, had butterflies in my tummy and all that but it all was ok when I came out, did my walk, tried to look normal and look in front of me since the lights were horribly bright (after a few shows I got used to the lights). I also thought about how hot the lights were :smile: so that kept my mind on something :smile: I also was thinking about how I wanted these shoes! Just a bit higher, I was into big shoes in those days. :blush:
It felt great to go out there, so new to me, I knew this show was bigger than all the others I had done, all those photographers and people, I was thankfull that I couldn't see the people all too well, that would have made me too scared :ninja:
[snapback]397809[/snapback]​
How awesome Betty Boop, thanks so much for replying! :o I've always been amazed at how the models maintain their poise under all of the lights and people just simply staring at them. It's good to know that once you were out there, it was all alright really. Also, how funny that you were thinking of that! I suppose it's something that most of us wonder, what do they models think out there... By the way, I noticed the shoes as well- so cute, but also sort of chunky too. Did you ever get to keep your footwear, like I've heard? Sorry for all of the questions. :blush:

ok, one more! Since someone could hep me whit the Andrew Groves fashion show someone must recogise this one. *crosses fingers*

ok, the backstage pass that I still own has an unreadable name, I just can't read it! There is a picture of a black scull, maybe that might be the labels logo? I do not remember the clothes in the show, only that I felt like one dress I was wearing looked like a lace curtain! I didn't like it :huh:
But what I DO remember is that the designer has a really big ring in his ear, tribal looking, not like a typical earing but inside the bottom of the ear.
And he had a model in the show that was really really REALLY ugly. She looked like a witch, horrendous nose, her chin was huge and stood far out, think she was blond and probably between 25-30 years old... but it's so long ago... she might have been older and I wish I could remember more from the show.

If anyone knows who this designer is, what show and can even show me pictures, it will be very apreciated. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nngocdiem
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->