A Friendly Reminder

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by Missy44x, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Missy44x

Missy44x New Member

Alright Ladies, it's that time of the year again. Just a friendly reminder!!

Please raise your big toes and repeat after me:

As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:

1. I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs.

2. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.

3. I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe. I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.

4. I will shave the hairs off my big toe.

5. I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, other, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.

6. If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.

7. I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my goodfriend Dr.Scholl's if my feet need him.

8. I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

9. I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.

10. If I have been privy to the magic that is Foot Soup, I will share that knowledge and experience with the non-initiated.

11. I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.

12. I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

13. I will promise to go my local beauty school at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $10 and worth EVERY penny).

14. I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear...nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals...

Even though this is a woman's pledge...Men I would like for you to pass this on to your friends and love ones...The Lord knows that this pledge really needs to be distributed......

Don't keep this to yourself - pass it on to other sisters.

By the way, I think the same should apply to the men w/"FF" (funky feet)!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

:lol:
    this is the best and i hope EVERYONE follows these rules :innocent: ;)

3. Marlee

Marlee New Member

lol, I love it.

What is "foot soup" by the way?

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

adorable :flower:

5. dr.shoegal

dr.shoegal New Member

what about the rule of NO SOCKS AND SANDELS.... This particularly applies to men..... Hear that guys? NO SOCKS AND SANDELS... or another favorite is hiked up socks, dress shoes and shorts. This is bad too.

Oi, ridding the world of fashion no-no's is hard work! B)

6. P.Amber

P.Amber New Member

7. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

:lol: That's too funny! And ladies, I swear I will never wear or endorse the wearing of socks and sandals.

8. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

I'm going to print off copies and hand them out to culpable strangers. :heart: :woot:

9. purechris

purechris no photos, no photos

Thanx for the post. I saw this last year and should have saved/forwarded it then. And yes, these rules do apply to the men. I, for one, got my toes cleaned up in Feb when the urge to wear flip flops first came about. Nothing is grosser than nasty feet in sandals/flip flops, no matter the sex. :sick:

And, please, what is this "foot soup" of which you speak?

10. tealady

tealady New Member

Just back from my pedicure and I am in the fullest possible compliance! :flower:

11. chocsta

chocsta New Member

Haha :lol: It's so true, I just wish everyone followed your pledge.

12. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

yes...please share...what is foot soup?... :flower:

13. tealady

tealady New Member

Could it be a misspelling of foot soAp? :unsure:

14. brian

brian New Member

I think Foot Soup is the name of the pledge.

15. brian

brian New Member

I agree!!

No socks and sandals, EVER!!

16. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Or... you could go to Payless ( :ninja: ) and buy toeless pantyhose. The best thing since sliced bread - and only $5. I wore them today... awesome quality, surprisingly...

17. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

:p :lol: Funny idea, but seriously, don't.

Remeber those "Fashion Police" tickets you could print out a couple of years ago, that look kind of like a parking ticket, but list fashion misdemeanours like VPL?

Well, I had an Abbercrombie & Bitch hairball try to "cite" me last summer for some damn thing, and it was all I could do not to tear her bleached head off her tiny little neck and cram that "ticket" down her gullet. As it was, I told her some things her mother should have told her YEARS ago, wadded up the ticket, and threw it at her (and missed *grumble*)

So, yeah, it is funny, and a cute forward, but handbilling it isn't probably a great idea. You might meet someone even nastier than I am. :flower:

18. brian

brian New Member

19. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

:blink:

I have like two tiny blond invisible hairs on each big toe. Can I be exempt from this rule?

20. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

off for the aforementioned pedi to be followed up by a manicure.

Blond hairs on toes are exempt if theyre not too long (ie noticable). Basically if it could be possible to plait them.... :lol: