A Healthy Mascara?

clueless

Reaction score
Hi there!
I was wondering if anyone could recommend mascara that actually has ingredients in it that are actually healthy for your lashes, and strengthens, enriches them or whatever. I really don’t have a clue what I’m looking for, so any help would be so much appreciated lovelies!
Thanks!

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 30 2004, 10:12 PM
Eh. It is all just black stuff you put on your eyelashes to make them look darker. I stick with brands that don't do animal testing. My preferred pick is J.A.N.E. waterproof. It goes on easily, doesn't feel sticky, doesn't clump, and stays on very well. Regular makeup remover works fine to get it off. I usually use either LUSH Aquamarina or Angels on Bare Skin.
[snapback]412015[/snapback]​

You think so? I read somewhere (I can't remember where now) that you shouldn't use waterproof mascara too much because it dries out your lashes...I was hoping that there would be some mascara out there that makes your lashes nice and healthy..you know, like a mouisturising mascara? I know that sounds weird, but I'm hoping something like this is out there!

Dr. Haushka's is supposed to be pretty decent. Health-food stores should carry it. If it doesn't build/strengthen your lashes, at least the ingredients aren't as toxic as what's out there. Mind you, i do use the bad stuff.. beauty over health eh?

Definitely try the health food stores. Also look @ Aveda or perhaps The Body Shop.

Lancôme's KÉRACILS EXCELLENCE
Treatment mascara with keratin and melanin

This is from the UK Lancôme site:

The KERACILS formula is rich in natural eyelash components, for stronger supple lashes with extra body.
KERACILS is more than just mascara - it's a genuine protection treatment for eyelashes.

I haven't tried this specific Lancôme mascara...but the best mascara's that I have used have all been by Lancôme..
Another option is to look at www.makeupalley.com/'s mascara reviews.

Hope you find what you are looking for :flower:

Ooooh no! I love my eyelash curler! It is one of those heated battery operated ones though!
lashwand_image.jpg

Are these ok? Not those awful squuezy ones?

I have not heard anything about the heated one. But remember apply mascara AFTER you've used a curler!

Is it not scary to use a heated curler? I'd be afraid of burning my eye!

I second that..
Heating any kind of hair, be it on your head or your eyelashes, cannot be healthy imo.

Originally posted by beiby@Nov 5 2004, 12:07 PM
I have not heard anything about the heated one. But remember apply mascara AFTER you've used a curler!

Is it not scary to use a heated curler? I'd be afraid of burning my eye!
[snapback]418931[/snapback]​

Damn. I find it works better if I use it after the mascara, because that shapes it.
No, it's not scary at all! You just brush it on like with a mascara wand and it's sooooo easy and looks fantastic. If you don't have one, get one!

I asked this question at Sephora a few days ago. The lady said a make up artist from Smash Box cosmetics came in for a demonstartion and said that there is a nourishing primer she used as a conditioner for her lashes. She would put it on before she went to sleep to let them condition overnight. Of course when I went to look for it they were fresh out!

Hey there, if you're worried about your eyelashes drying out, first of all use a mascara which is a two step, one with strengthening cream, the second is mascara, then you dont' put the mascara directly onto the eyelashes. Secondly, you should put a small amount of vaseline on your eyelashes before you go to sleep if they're looking dry, don't put too much in because that could work its way into your eyes, just work a fine amount in, and that really helps protect them....

Originally posted by misssakura@Nov 14 2004, 03:04 PM
Hey there, if you're worried about your eyelashes drying out, first of all use a mascara which is a two step, one with strengthening cream, the second is mascara, then you dont' put the mascara directly onto the eyelashes. Secondly, you should put a small amount of vaseline on your eyelashes before you go to sleep if they're looking dry, don't put too much in because that could work its way into your eyes, just work a fine amount in, and that really helps protect them....
[snapback]431380[/snapback]​

Misssakura with regards to the use of vaseline on eyelashes : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...ndpost&p=325451
:flower:

sandrac823 said:
I asked this question at Sephora a few days ago. The lady said a make up artist from Smash Box cosmetics came in for a demonstartion and said that there is a nourishing primer she used as a conditioner for her lashes. She would put it on before she went to sleep to let them condition overnight. Of course when I went to look for it they were fresh out!

I've heard that Talika Lipocils is amazing for conditioning, protecting and strengthening eyelashes. According to posters on this site, as well as the Sephora saleslady, you put it on prior to using mascara, to protect your eyelashes. At night, put a little on before sleeping - this strenghtens them, and apparently your eyelashes grow back much thicker and fuller. I went to purchase the Lipocils yesterday, but of course, they were totally out. I'm still waiting their next shipment.

In the meantime, my mom swears by this, and I do too: castor oil on your eyelashes - just put a little on your eyelashes before sleeping at night. I had a classmate who had crazy eyelashes at 11 years old, and she put the oil on every night... it was ridiculous.. I mean, from her profile, her eyelashes looked fake, Jennifer Lopez mink style. I was jealous as all hell.

Hope this helps!

Eye lashes grow back very slowly, and I find myself picking at them when I use a waterproof mascara. I guess, if you want to have any reason at all to use mascara, it's best you use one without the water proofing agents.

babyladybones said:
Eye lashes grow back very slowly, and I find myself picking at them when I use a waterproof mascara. I guess, if you want to have any reason at all to use mascara, it's best you use one without the water proofing agents.

Waterproof mascara is much harder to take off, therefore we have a tendency to rub the lashes more when removing it.

I prefer mascaras that just melt away in contact with water, so i just take them off when washing my face with any face wash i´m using at the moment.

I´ve also heard wonders about Talika products. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->