A Retrospective : US Harper's Bazaar under Liz Tilberis (1992 - 1999)

I hope i'm not repeating myself, but when i went to the newstand and saw Liz's first cover.... i stood speechless for a while. I know this was on another level. i was 15 and i had never seen a magazine look like this before. I had never seen this level of design and sophistication. I was wondering if I was ready for it. I picked it up like a precious jewel, and i layed it on my bed, and just looked at it. Almost afraid to open it, but at the same time ,i was dying to. I was not disappointed.

^I have the same feeling with you! I wore plastic gloves to open THAT issue since it's 99.9% mint...:P

Too bad I am not impressed by the content inside, probably it took Liz quite a time to build her own photographer/stylist list. However with THAT cover, the eds inside didn't matter that much....:mohawk:

I gasped when I first saw some of the layouts that I had to recheck the thread title. Wow! This magazine was super advanced with the design and editorials. It's hard to find HB copies under Liz's tenure here, but I'll try to secure some copies if I ever find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->