A Tribute to the 90s Supermodels

I'm wondering who of these still work today?
I think the one who is working the most today is Kate Moss, but then again she is younger than most of them.

Anyway, Helena Christensen, from her agency 2pm.

^^They all have such exquisite features and cheek bones. Who are the two between naomi and kate and the last girl.

love it

martinionrox said:
lovely ladies

Ive always loved that shoot...was it Demarchelier?
the blonde next to omi is beri smithers, a way hot dutch girl that was doing great and then got seriously into drugs. she came back a few years later but never came back to where she had been. you still see her in an occasional catalog but her peak was early-mid 90s. elite I think.

arent kate & jaime rishar cute?

look how hot bridget was when she was new!!! I loved her early work but she looks NOTHING like that now.

even though kate probably partied as much as bridget [more?] think kate today looks something like she does in this pic but bridget looks nothig like that now. especially her body- look how hot BH's long lithe physique was!!

at that time turly was one of my fave models, prob my favourite, although I liked kate bridget & also amber a lot back then.
I dont think that is turly's best picture, there are a lot better ones of her.

Bridget was really a hot property back then......She was the "it" girl at her peak!

was Elle considered an 80's supermodel, because when I think of supermodels I think off Elle and Cindy.
I know Elle is apart of Valentinos exclusive friends group and she started the fashion cafes with some other, now shes the richest supermodel with her own Lingere empire.
elle5.jpg

Also I love Karen Mulder
karen%20mulder.jpg

I personally don't consider Elle to be a "real" supermodel, in the high fashion sense of supermodel. She did little editorial or runway work; she was mostly associated with Sports Illustrated.

I do like (and miss) Karen Mulder, though. She definitely was in the Supermodel Class of the early-mid 90's. All her personal problems (depression, etc.) in recent years are quite tragic. It fortunately seems as though she has recovered (after a second episode) and is going strong today. No longer modeling, however.

There was such a clearly defined crop of top models back then. They were everywhere! I got wholeheartedly sick of Cindy and Claudia, but they were all great models, each with their own unique qualities.

I've always loved this pic of Christy

Attachments

• Turlington.jpg
    Turlington.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 43
Helena Christensen, in the Wicked game video, was one of the most gorgeous things I've seen. Ever.
:heart:
chris_wickedgame.jpg

minasdecobre said:
I'm not sure if Claudia was in the absolute top, but I knew her name and face very well and I was like 10 yrs old at the time and she was always my favourite.

I was 10 years old too and she was my fav as well :P
She actually was the first model I liked.She looked like a princess or a fairy to me. She was so Barbie like :shock:
Nowaday I realise that she was a cross between BrigitteBardot and a rabbit:lol: I remember her fondly though.:blush:

cov34.jpg

nadja :heart:

auermann1.JPG

Attachments

• nadaue05.jpg
    nadaue05.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Gucci Fall '95

0009.JMH

^Kate^

0017.JMH

Helena

I'm getting so nostalgic looking at this thread!! Does anybody else long for the minimalism and simplicity of the mid 90's?

i yearn more for the early 90's grunge attitude...maybe because it was very fitting with adolescence. btw...can anyone post the 1992 steven meisel editorial featuring nadja entitled "grunge and glory?" thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->