Abercrombie Kills Its Racy Catalogue

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by plasticine20, Dec 9, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. plasticine20

plasticine20 New Member

2. xclusive

xclusive New Member

i'm not against it, i think they're just trying to push the borders and as some think, "there's no bad publicity"..

3. kellygirl

kellygirl New Member

I'm actually pretty surprised they decided to pull them. But hey, even that leads to more publicity....

4. evulgoddess

evulgoddess New Member

Hmm, wonder if it's going to be worth money now in the future? lol

5. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow El Capitán

^^^thats actually a good point! when i interned in college, there was an article in one of the OLD catalogues which was of interest to my supervisor. He had me call abercrombie publicity to have the catalogue sent to us, but abercrombie gave me the HARDEST time because, according to them, "the catalogues are collectors items and worth more money when they are out of print!" It wasn't until i mentioned my supervisors name that they decided to send us a complementary issue...i wouldn't be surprised if they pulled this simply to "up" its value...abercrombie is all about the buzz IMO.

6. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

they pulled the quarterlies for the same reason they put it out in the first place...publicity. by pulling the mag from the shelves, it's seen as some type of concession and all of those little dissenters can walk into abercrombie and buy their sons and daughters three thousand dollars worth of junk and feel okay about it.

the quarterly will be back...bc abercrombie knows if they don't, someone else will.

7. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i never got to see it someone pse post some images

8. tgp

tgp New Member

I also heard that abercrombie was in trouble for consistently not using models of other races in their advertising?? Anyone know anything about this?

9. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

yea on dateline a group of people people that arent white are suieng a&f becuase they got fired after the CEO's found out that peopel where working there that didnt fit a&f "image".

I think they just do that catologs like that to piss christian groups off and get publicity

10. kate

kate New Member

I also saw something on 60 Minutes. Some people are starting a class action lawsuit stating that A&F either will not hire anyone if they are not "blonde hair/blue eyes" and look like an A&F model. 60 Min. interviewed several people of all different races who were fired or put back in the stock room after upper management for A&F found out that they did not fit the "look". Also interviewed were two previous managers..both of who happened to look like A&F models who verify that they were told to only consider a certain look or image for jobs. The other applications were said to have been put in a file labled "not hireable".
    :(

11. gogopilgrim

gogopilgrim New Member

bruce weber (a+f photographer) is whack. i'm surprised the catalogs lasted as long as they did - the A&F clientele is middle america and middle america is soooo unprepared for bruce's homoerotic wrestler boys (which is what the catalog is all about - the few topless girls are just props and the clothes are about 50th on the priority list)

but some gorgeous shots came out of that catalog over the years and lots of then-up and coming models can be spotted in them - like liliana dominguez, missy rayder, vanessa de assiss, lisa seiffert, alyssa sutherland, juli ordon, lonneke engel, jeisa chiminazzo, etc....

12. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i absolutely agree o2w :flower: