Academy Awards 2004

Amélie

Reaction score
hey all, haven't seen a thread on this yet...so, i've got some goss about what everyone's wearing today.

Scarlett Johnassen:Calvin klein (she's signed and advertising contract with him, so it's no surpris)

Nicole Kidman:Chanel Haute Couture(ditto)

Charlize Theron:Tom Ford for Gucci(they want someone high profile to wear one of the final pieces from tom's last gucci show...also i think she'll wear it exclusive)

Naomi Watts:Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent(same here as well)

Marcia Gay Harden:Badgley Mischka(my favorite oscar gal!!!, she'll look stunning in one of these dresses fresh of the runway...she's had it right for the last 3 years...4 one coming up)

Renee Zellweger:Carolina Herrera?(pure guess because she's been wearing her all season...could hav potential to look boring or wow)

Catherine Zeta-Jones:Versace?(also a guess...cathy wants to look royal-she think she's above the rest...so it'll be something boring and classy)

Keisha Castle-Hughes:New Zealand designer(following in the footsteps of Anna
Paquin...apparently she was offered heaps from international designers but stuck wiv a NZ designer...good on her, she'll look adorable.

Holly Hunter:Vera Wang(she'll look good, i hope)

Does anyone wanna post pictures on which dresses from specific collection they think the celebrity would wear?

I think renee might go for the gold herrera dress...right of the runway(sorry i don't hav a pic) Nicole might go for the silver couture liya wore...charlize will go for the purple dress worn by liya also from tom's last gucci collection. Scarlett will chose a nude tone which will make her boobs look big (Golden Globes)

any thoughts?

that's all i've got...but i'm sure everyone will look great, i sooo can't wait...mwah.

i really want nicole to wear this.

she looks so much better is darker richer colors and more orange hair, it brings out her features. i really didn't like the whole my dress matches my skin which merely matches my hair thing.

and red and green are contrasting colors which makes it even better and this dress rules.

i dunno it seems pulling it awfuly close wearing something from the current shows. i doubt many celebrities will do it.

oh yeah and does this:

Scarlett Johnassen:Calvin klein (she's signed and advertising contract with him, so it's no surpris)

mean out with natalia? hmm...i don't know if that makes me happy or sad.

Me too, I can't wait. :blush:

I'm 100% sure Charlize Theron and Naomi Watts will be in Tom Ford-designed gowns. The latter will be the one in Gucci, since Theron did Gucci at the SAG Awards. I bet she'll wear that dress below.

.. or the green one below.

Nicole Kidman, obviously, will wear something customized by Karl Largerfeld, since nothing looked "Nicole-at-the-Oscars-worthy." Though it will still be in the mood of his latest couture collection.

Scarlett Johansson will either be in Prada or Calvin Klein (Most likely being the latter). She could have cooked-up something with Francisco Costa or wear that dress below.

Originally posted by loserunit@Feb 29th, 2004 - 3:52 am
I can Julianna Moore in this actually. After all, Nicole Kidman hasn't been a real redhead for a while now... :(

yummmmy only less than 7 hours to go before we all get to see them ! :lol:

I have to watch it instead of sleeping.. oh man.. cause the live-show is from 1 am till 6 am here :shock:

i thought SCARLETT J is gonna be wearing MICHAEL KORS :unsure: !!

they just showed her with him and how he said he got an amazing dress for her :ninja:

who knows? :huh:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Feb 29th, 2004 - 11:49 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Feb 29th, 2004 - 11:49 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-loserunit@Feb 29th, 2004 - 3:52 am
I can Julianna Moore in this actually. After all, Nicole Kidman hasn't been a real redhead for a while now... :( [/b][/quote]
hmmm yeah that makes more sense. but it would look so much better on nicole because she's so tall.

i think scarlett will wear that back ck dress above. she's pretty bustayyyy ( [: )but it seems a little....or a lot boring

Great Topic!

The Oscars got moved a month foreward, which clashed with the Paris fashion week. But I am sure event-favorite designers such as Galliano and Valentino have saved their most eye-popping designs and FedExed them to the stars already. Yup, that's what bothers me about award dressing--some actresses demand to wear stuff that has not been shown previously, forcing designers to hold back some of their most elaborate gowns off the runway, which means their runway collections no longer present their whole vision.

Personally, I would love to see Lanvin and McQueen get some exposure on the red carpet, and a lengthened version of a Narciso Rodriguez would do, too.
100118821.jpg
100110585.jpg

All eyes will be on Charlize Theron tonight as she picks up her Best Actress Oscar. She'll be the belle of the ball. I am a little surprised that people are predicting her to wear a Tom Ford design. I am thinking Dior myself, actually. There is no doubt that she will look gorgeous, but I've always thought that she is bland and tends to play it safe. This Versace will look good on her, but since lavendar has been done to death at the SAG award, it's prob. not gonna happen.
100115923.jpg

If she must wear Gucci, I am thinking this:
00420f.jpg

Fellow Best Actress nominee Naomi Watts, a former model and fashion editor, is one of the most individual and best-dressed women in Hollywood, right up there with Nicole and Gwyneth. I'm glad that she wears designers like Adeli, Alberta Ferretti, and Lanvin, but I've noticed that when her schedule gets incredibly hectic (like when she's doing a press junket), she tends to wear Gucci/YvesSaintLaurent exclusively. But I don't know what her options are now since the best two dresses from the Gucci SS04 collections have already been worn (Halle Berry wore the orange fringe dress, Naomi herself wore the dress with the snake, and the white version of the fringe dress is showing up in editorials everywhere from Vanity Fair to the March Paris Vogue cover), and everything from the YSL SS04 (remember Nicole Kidman's dress from the Golden Globes?) and Gucci AW04 collection is better kept off-sight. Will she give fellow Aussie Dunningham [sp] her first Oscar moment? If not, I think she can go for Marc Jacobs, J. Mendel, or Roland Mouret again.
100124579.jpg
100125704.jpg
http://www.***************/image/0211200410480755.jpg

Nicole Kidman gets a Chanel exclusive. Since her previous collaboration with Chanel turned out brilliantly (the pink chiffon column when she got nominated for Moulin Rouge, and the lovely tweed suits she wore for the Cold Mountain press junkets), I have no complaints.

Renee Zellweger will wear Carolina Herrera. It's a no-brainer. Vogue gives her so much credit for being chic, but her look is too carefully stylized. She's wearing somebody else's vision and takes no creative risks. Anyway, I'm glad that at least she will wear something new instead of vintage.
100123923.jpg

Scarlett Johansson loves beige but she never gets it right. This Vera Wang would look good, but then again she's prob. going to wear Calvin Klein.
100125463.jpg

I think Holly Hunter may opt for this one.
100125443.jpg

As for the presenters... I don't care for a lot of them. Jodie Foster will wear Armani, what a surprise. Sandra Bullock and Sharon Stone (desperately hoping for a comeback, Demi-style) will also be there. I hope Reese Witherspoon will dress her age and pick this lovely Alberta Ferretti:
00410f.jpg

Originally posted by LibertyRose@Feb 29th, 2004 - 3:45 pm

Personally, I would love to see Lanvin and McQueen get some exposure on the red carpet, and a lengthened version of a Narciso Rodriguez would do, too.
100118821.jpg
100110585.jpg
that alexander mcqueen dress would be heavenly for the oscars :woot: :heart: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->