Academy Awards 2020

I’m really into the unusual shape of Maya’s Valentino. Seriously, Valentino killed it last night between her, Kristen and Caitriona. Risky looks that paid off, IMO.

Also really loved Olivia, Margot, Janelle, Kaitlyn, Beanie and Laura.

Renee and Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ classic cuts were brilliant, as well. Proof that simple doesn’t always mean boring.

Kim K wore the McQueen oyster dress to Vanity Fair! You can say what you want about her but I love that she wears vintage. The dress actually looks fantastic on her.

Laura Dern also wore an Armani dress that was custom made for her in 1990 to Vanity Fair!

Last edited:
I actually thought this was an impossibly boring red carpet. I really enjoyed Kristen Wiig's Valentino Couture dress and Rooney Mara's 2016 McQueen, probably because they dared to be a bit different from the rest.

Chanel seem to have dressed seven women and while chic, all the looks were a snooze fest.

Laura Dern also wore an Armani dress that was custom made for her in 1990 to Vanity Fair!
Amazing... she could’ve worn anything, it probably has a special meaning for her and love that. She looked wonderful and so happy she won. :heart:

I hadn't seen who had won Best Documentary.. a loss for the Academy. Both For Sama and The Edge of Democracy were absolute gems made by extraordinarily brave people who risked it quite a bit just to document and give us outsiders a glimpse about the current (and terrifying) state of their countries. Petra Costa's loss actually pisses me off just for the amount of political backlash she’s received..

Back to clothes, Timothee is usually the best dressed anywhere but he must’ve given it a bit too much thought and ended up being one of the worst dressed of the night, he’s dressed like an obnoxious toddler, almost as obnoxiously dressed as Armie Hammer’s children.

also elizabeth banks re-wore a dress from 2004.
i LOVE this trend and hope they keep it up...
fashion has a long long looooong way to go to be more eco-conscious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->