Adeline Andre Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

She's actually dressing the models by herself since a few seasons... Even if I don't like (not the say despise) her work, I would've say that V&R tooked her idea and not that she tooked theirs.

i wasn't necessarily meaning she stole their idea or anybody's for that matter just that it's become more prevalent these days. no,it's not a new idea and not even andre is an original of it since this is how many couturiers of the old used to present collections.

It doesn't look like multi-layer kimono's to me. It's a layered approach, but a rather repugnant one. It does not appeal to any of my senses at all.

every season Adeline's collection appear onto here, there's always the same comment. I thought that with time, people would have - at least - looked at her previous collections ...

She's already done that (presentation), and she does dress her model on runway very often, and didn't copy V&R at all .............
and indeed her clientele is not the Dior clientele ...

regarding the collection itself, i don't like it ... but nothing repugnant !
the layering is something very constant in her work !

^^ couture is VERY rarely about what you buy!!
we could say chanel is one of the rare labes who does wearable stuff, and still, you don't go out in a million sequins cocktail dress that much, no?

this clearly isnt about the wearability! (although the "average" lenght dresses are definitely more realistically than a pansy gown...

This is just hideous and it isn't couture. At least it doesn't appear to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->