After Anna : Who Should Be The Next Editor In Chief of Vogue?

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
Its Wintour's world, we just live in it...

Anna Wintour has come to define Vogue US, she and her magazine are almost synonymous - no editor since Diana Vreeland has been more connected to the magazine and its aesthetic.

But Anna can't go forever.
Unless medical science advances to the Futurama-esque point of talking heads preserved in jars were going to see another Vogue Editor-In-Chief within our lifetime.

But who is best suited for the job? Who should take the helm at Vogue if and when Anna steps down? Should the job go to her right hand man Andre Leon Talley, a fresh and daring editor?

Who do you feel should take the helm at US Vogue once Anna bows out and why do you think they're the one for the job?

Thanks to MMA for this great thread idea :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
ALT will never get it, Hamish would be a better fit, but I do not see a man getting it. Grace is too late into her career to take on that job, and all of the newish girls (Meredith Melling, etc.) are really not very talented, nor do they have the 'star' quality that really was Anna's upper hand (sister hasn't produced a decent editorial in years, but people still thinks she's an amazing fashion editor... its all image, and the new girls at Vogue do not have it). My guess is that whoever it is will come from outside, much like Wintour did. And my guess, Anna will not be happy with whoever it is. I can not wait for her dynasty to end, but over the course of the last few years she has made American Vogue so irrelevant it would take a magician to repair its poignancy.

Oh wow thats a tough one,lets see ^_^>

I think that Grace would be wonderful,but she might be to old.:unsure:

Tonne Goodman would be perfect,she knows the game by heart now.

But those are all so predictable and boring,right?!

So i will just go wild here,how about Cathy Horn?I love that woman,LOVE HER!:woot::heart:

Katie Grand would be prefect because she would shake Vogue up,and we all know thats what it needs.But maybe she is to much for US Vogue,she sure would fit at UK though.

Not sure about any other candidates.............but i i know who i would NEVER want to see get that job>Sally Singer!!!!

So what we got about 25-30yrs (more or less) left before we actually get to see this happen?
Id say that I love to see cathy Horyn !
Hamish is a bit too idk just bleh but I guess it would fit but then again by the time they
get a chance i dont think theyed dont it..age and all.
Andre would be a riot :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Horyn ever styled? I mean it is a huge leap to go from writing about clothes to producing several hundred pages of pictures a month. I would like her perspective too, but I do not know that she's qualified?

^ no but Ive read (somewhere)
that Anna thought her styling was never the best...so maybe its just kind of a writing/ who you know thing. To be honest I think they all wouldnt do it.

i would love to see an american get the job when it opens. but that won't be for years.

I have to disagree with the notion that Anna Wintour is a better EIC than Grace Mirabella (who was inbetween Wintour and Vreeland). The most important concern is the magazine and Grace's magazine was fantastic for the first 10-12 years. Anna embodies Vogue EIC much better, of course, but that's of less interest to me.

I really don't know whom it should be. Someone who's more interested in photography would be a start.

i can't see anna wintour dying, yet alone the possibility of ever seeing her stepping down.

i can however see her getting cryogenically frozen during her dying years, whilst giving andre leon tally or hamish bowles specific instructions on how to run vogue under anna's name until she is "reborn" again!

Helen Gurley Brown can spice up the old fashioned "bible"...:D

By the time Anna is ready to step down or ousted, I can see Amy Astley coming in and taking over the reign. Not that she is best suited of course.

I don't think Horyn will be good for the position, nor will she even want it to be honest! She gets a lot more freedom where she is now, she wouldn't want to be at Vogue, and I wouldn't want her there either. I can't see ALT or Hamish getting it or wanting it either. Maybe Virginia Smith? Sylvana Soto Ward? Styling isn't so important in this position, it's about maintaining the image and managing the magazine well. She needs to be able to utilise other people's talents, not necessarily have those talents... this isn't meant to be read in a snarky way, though I suppose it can be :P

A select group of tFS'ers should be editor in chief over at Vogue US...one model cover after another and more variety in editorial models. Praise!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->