Airbrush Make Up ( Diorskin Airflash and Sally Hansen )

thewannabe said:
I tried this on as part of a Dior make-over... my hair was down (on the sides of my head, just in it's usual style), and the make-up artist got it on the hair near my temples... it made my hair so sticky, I chouldn't comb my fingers though it. Using a wet cloth to get it out didn't work. I ended up having to wash my hair later that day.

The Dior Airflash that got on my face worked okay, although the mist wasn't as fine as I would expect (i got more of a light 'spackling' vs. a smooth airbrushed look). Some got on my eyelashes and eyebrows which had to be wiped off...

Maybe I got a defective can, but I have still concluded that I will not use this product again.

I know what you mean. when you spray it on you do get that speckling effect but my make up artist told me to gently pat it in especially under the eyes and around the nose.

ive been using it since the summer and its the best foundation ive used so far (kanebo, laroche posay etc)
the best thing about it is the mist. its purpose of being lightweight really makes THE difference to the complexion.
at first i had difficulties using it but now im so used to it. i spray some then pat it right with my fingers.

im currently using the 300 (400 in summer)

It seems so fun and interesting. I would really like to try it and buy it

The Sally Hansen stuff is complete crap. I actually bought it, and threw it out the next day. Never buy it.
Thanks for that, I was actually a minute away from buying from the site but I decided to see what people here thought about it first, thank God for the Fashion Spot! :wink:

I'm wondering about a real airbrushing machine? If its that fabolous I'd go get the one at MAC Pro shop. :lol:

Also we already know the Sally Hansen one is crap... what about other airbrush/can foundations?

the dior one is amazing! it gives you such a NATURAL flawless look. and the colours are great.

always shake the bottle before spraying.

^ I'm thinking of investing...have been for a while. But are they good for giving much coverage?

roppal222 said:
^ I'm thinking of investing...have been for a while. But are they good for giving much coverage?

i think they are pretty high in pigment,so even though they spread on very very thin and natural,they offer a smooth,matte finish with good coverage. for very dark circles or spots you may want to use a concealer as well,but it covers small flaws well.

The only other airbrush I've come across apart from the ones already mentioned is Estee Lauder, but you can only get it done at their counters :( Looks great though - it seems to be aimed at brides so I guess the sales assistants would be excellent at making you look flawless!

ugh, I tried the diorskin Airflash today. The spray was fantastic, the eveness was great, the coverage was perfect, the only bone I have to pick was the fact they only had the choice of 4 shades only, and they were all way too pink/dark/light for me. Ugh! The pinkest one turned my hand a positive shade of salmon. I don't believe anyone has skin that pink..

I just saw this thread and was afraid you guys were shooting 40psi into your eyes! Do you guys get to mix your own colors and shades? Just wondering, I used to paint cars...

I was wondering how thick/heavy this make up is? It'd be cool to try to see how I like it but I preffer pretty light, natural coverage.

The Dior airflash is quite light, its described more like a mist. I guess it depends on how even you spray it on. :wink:

I wanted to actually get an airbrushing machine too..but im not sure if its worth it or how good it will be.

I finally laid my hands on the Diorflash and I think it's great, great great!! I love it.

Little blending is needed. Although the colour, 200 is too dark for me, I manage to make it work by using a lighter-toned loose powder. The finish is very natural yet it provides medium coverage.

What is frustrating is ... my country only brings in 2 shades and it's Limited Edition!!! Why is it Limited Edition!!?? I may have to resort getting this from overseas.

i use it too its fantastic and totally worth the money, i got colour 400! veryyy dark but i used it in summer, people said i looked very spanish:P
i use 200 now and i also noticed my skin was far better with it, rather than other the other makeup i use to use

A make up artist used Sally Hansen airbrush foundation on my face for a shoot. (keep in mind the leg stuff is completely different from the face stuff)...

It actually did a really good job. The colors are good.. (and I'm white as can be so I was shocked it matched).... and it feels good. It's SO light and you don't even notice that it's there... and looking in the mirror.. it doesn't look like it's there either... just even skin tone.

I would say that it does have a con though..... I'm not fond of the scent. Makes me want to kill puppies. Okay, not really... but if I wanted to go out w/out taking time on liquid foundation.. I'd definitely use this product. It's effortless!

tly random but does anyone know what the face pore strip like masks that were used backstage at LFW called because there meant to be amzing for the skin

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->