21d8i8

21d8ie
21d8is

21d8j4
21d8jd

images from vogue.co.uk
Akris, F/W '05-'06

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you cerfas...and welcome to the fashion spot...
this is quite good imo...

*in future...pls include the city in the thread title...:flower:
thx...

Softgrey--Sorry about that
I was thinking about doign it, but I wasn't sure if it was a requirement. :>

I'm glad you enjoyed it as well!

cerfas...so is it paris?...i can add the city...:flower:

I like the runway review from style.com :

PARIS, March 4, 2005 – Since the Swiss label Akris, designed by Albert Kriemler, entered the Paris scene, it has quietly garnered an impressive reputation for stealthily luxurious clothes that also happen to sell like crazy. So what's the secret? A conundrum that tangentially reveals a lot about our times, as it happens. For the buzz (or, more accurately, the high-frequency bat squeak) about Akris lies in the paradox that it's off the radar: nonfashion fashion. At a time when seeking out label-free anonymity in clothes is beginning to seem, contradictorily, fashionable, the collection is a need-to-know resource.

For fall, Akris certainly is a place for women who can't find a nifty pantsuit to look. (And how many millions are we?) Cut with a tight, short double-breasted jacket and a slimly flared trouser in pistachio cotton-cashmere corduroy, it's an outfit guaranteed to send girlfriends into fits of "where did you get that?" distraction. Same with the velvet versions in subtle slate and duck blues.

And while we're at it, there are beautifully unidentifiable coats to check out here. Take one in gray, with a raised waist, a subtle flare, and a yoke in back. Or another cut into a narrow collarless early-sixties couture shape, which makes a nice nod to the season without screeching "mod." Or yet again, a slim man's overcoat that transcends trend. These are pieces the nonfashion-fashion hunter is going to feel mighty pleased to have bagged—now, and next year, too. As for the rest, the quietly textured wrapped knits and the separates, like jersey fit-and-flare skirts, are minted for another, more conservative market. But the fact that Akris can attract both kinds of women (all of whom are fleeing from excess, yet willing to invest) explains the health of the company's bottom line.

– Sarah Mower

I love that collection.

Fantastic, but then it is up my street.

Hanne, thanks a lot for the article. The anonymity thing made sense to me, and I also see a connection to other things. For instance, I think there is a demographic that has always sought labels that make great clothing but are not well-known. And it goes along with the idea of getting items that are one-of-a-kind, vintage or new. It's the idea that you're in on something that not everyone else is, that you have special knowledge. And of course, you are buying individuality. Then of course there are people who just like great clothes that aren't branded with either a logo or a particular style.

thx hanne...i like the review as well...:flower:
i have to go look at the rest of this collection...

i have never felt good wearing or carrying a logo.
I also just really like the aesthetic of akris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->