Alaïa F/W 2023.24 : Anok Yai, Mica Arganaraz & Julia Nobis by Tyrone Lebon

‘Shot in a family atmosphere’ …:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

it reminds me of Irma Vep. The shot of the elevator’s buttons, what is the point ?

Was it too hard to have models, design team and closed friends shot in the kitchen where many meals and conversations were shared by the late Alaia ?

This would have been in a ‘family atmosphere’ and a nice ode to the founder’s values but anyway. This is Pieter as warm as concrete.

Visually, it’s not bad but tbh…There’s no sensuality in this.
Gisele smiling in Alaia for Elle France would have been a better campaign than this…

‘Shot in a family atmosphere’ …:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

it reminds me of Irma Vep. The shot of the elevator’s buttons, what is the point ?

Was it too hard to have models, design team and closed friends shot in the kitchen where many meals and conversations were shared by the late Alaia ?

This would have been in a ‘family atmosphere’ and a nice ode to the founder’s values but anyway. This is Pieter as warm as concrete.

I wonder how are the relationships with Pieter and Carla Sozzani. She is the one responsible for the fondation.
I don’t feel like there’s a filiation between Alaia the brand and it heritage.

I wonder how are the relationships with Pieter and Carla Sozzani. She is the one responsible for the fondation.

I don’t feel like there’s a filiation between Alaia the brand and it heritage.
It's weird. Looking at their Instagram, the relationship seems to be one sided:
• Mulier only follows the Maison.
• The Maison only follows Mulier.
• Sozzani follows the Maison and the Foundation, but doesn't follow Mulier.
• The Foundation follows everyone.
Funny enough, Sozzani is following Maximilian Davis and Daniel Roseberry and frequently likes their posts.

The concept is so phoney... Who cares that you shot with a "small crew" (aka "I hire my industry friends for styling and HMU and we limit the number of production people") in a "family environment" (i.e look at my cold-as-ice cool brutalist house). Jeez... The end result is the opposite of the warmth they were trying to project with that backstory.

Funny enough, Sozzani is following Maximilian Davis and Daniel Roseberry and frequently likes their posts.
Come through with the investigation!

The irony is that Maximillian work for Ferragamo is more Alaia than Pieter’s Alaia.

But yes it’s very interesting because Carla was the one responsible for the direction headed by the house after the death of Azzedine and it would have been fair for her to have a decision in the creative succession…

I don’t know if Carla and Olivier Saillard attends the shows. Carla is responsible for the extensive archives of the house and Olivier Saillard is the curator of all the exhibitions and events they hold for the Patrimoine of Alaia.

They are to Alaia what Madison Cox is now to YSL and we can see the community that supported YSL/Bergé around Saint Laurent.

We see Farida Khelfa and Naomi in Alaia and at Alaia events but no Carlyne for example.

And there’s a place for the shows in Alaia’s house. They held a show in the street Rue de Moussy but never where Alaia used to show…

Carla will be responsible for the Dover Street Market in Paris and she will have to deal with Pieter anyway so I don’t want to imagine that there’s a Cold War at Alaia.

Those interiors would look great lensed by Helmut Newton or M&M recreating Bourdin in their early years. I can also see Albert Watson photographing Jill Kortleve against all the concrete in sepia toned B&W.
The campaign is whatever. Forgettable at best. Anok is doing nothing.

Come through with the investigation!

The irony is that Maximillian work for Ferragamo is more Alaia than Pieter’s Alaia.

But yes it’s very interesting because Carla was the one responsible for the direction headed by the house after the death of Azzedine and it would have been fair for her to have a decision in the creative succession…
Maybe, Davis is a potential Plan B. Part of me thinks that both the current Alaïa and Ferragamo eras will be quite short-lived, but Davis at Alaïa might be fruitful for the long term.

And there’s a place for the shows in Alaia’s house. They held a show in the street Rue de Moussy but never where Alaia used to show…
Didn't Alaïa use to show at in that double-decker room with the glass roof at Rue de la Verrerie? I know that Mulier held his second show there, but I believe the space is usually occupied by an exhibition of some sort.

Nowadays, the headquarters and atelier is based in Rue de Moussy, on top of their boutique. From what I see on social media, the space looks too small to hold a runway show, unless Betak wants to have the models turning every five seconds, which was probably why the first show was outside.

omg after this its better they start follow each other asap kkkk

The concept is so phoney... Who cares that you shot with a "small crew" (aka "I hire my industry friends for styling and HMU and we limit the number of production people") in a "family environment" (i.e look at my cold-as-ice cool brutalist house). Jeez... The end result is the opposite of the warmth they were trying to project with that backstory.
hahahaha look at my brutalist house.

Imagine living in that house; I would die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->