Alberta Ferretti for Macy's

honeycombchild

Reaction score
ALBERTA FERRETTI has joined forces with department store giant Macy's to create an exclusive Impulse line, encompassing 30 pieces. The Italian designer has drawn inspiration from her home terrain, in particular the Amalfi Coast, to create designs which will be sold for a ten-week stint, starting on April 17.
"The collection I created is fresh and bright, featuring light summer clothing that evokes the spirit of my beautiful country and is at the same time true to my style," Ferretti said.
Peasant blouses, floral prints and chiffon pieces will make up with collection, which will be sold in 185 Macy's stores. And it seems the company are thrilled to have Ferretti on board.
"She just had two very successful shows," Macy's executive vice president of marketing Martine Reardon told WWD. "She appeals to an international consumer as well as an American consumer, and her fabrications are very soft, very feminine, chiffon-like, drapy, comfortable and really pretty, yet they look very elegant."

Ferretti's collection will range from $49 - $119 (£32 - £77), and she becomes the sixth guest designer for the Impulse department.

that's unfair, it seems like the US are getting the best designer collaborations

alberta ferretti official facebook

i like the outremer blue maxi sundress and the morning glory print skirt.

Attachments

• alberta.jpg
    alberta.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 14
I just wanna know if that reddish orange dress from the sketches is for real because I know exactly where I can wear that.

photos from fabsugar

Attachments

• maria2.jpg
    maria2.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 2
  • maria3.jpg
    maria3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 3
  • maria4.jpg
    maria4.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 3
  • maria5.jpg
    maria5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 5
^ thank you!

Kind of disappointing, looks like average Macy's stuff, the kind you find on the floor or abandoned next to neon green totes with bright pink detailing.. I wish AF would've gone for something more 'romantic'/country-inspired, that would've been an easy one and still representative of the brand.

^^agreed, totally disappointing...

i was kind of excited about it after seeing the ad campaign, but putting the clothes on mariacarla in that setting obviously vastly improved them...
i don't think i liked a single one of those individual product shots.

I think it's very much the Macy*s customer and the pricepoints are shockingly low...
i expect it to sell out quickly...
specifically the dresses, especially the shorter ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah... i think i'm just not really is a macy's girl

^ thank you!

Kind of disappointing, looks like average Macy's stuff, the kind you find on the floor or abandoned next to neon green totes with bright pink detailing.. I wish AF would've gone for something more 'romantic'/country-inspired, that would've been an easy one and still representative of the brand.

From what I saw on Macy's website, I have to agree. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get over there to see it. It does seem very average, nothing really signature in the way I love Alberta, but I hope I'm proven wrong. I'm sure it will sell and it certainly looks better than the fiasco from Karl.

I went to Macy's yesterday while I was at the mall to hopefully try on the orange dress (which they didn't have, boooo), but I did try on the strapless turquoise and the bright floral dress. They were both nice, the floral one surprisingly so. I have a formal event in September, so if I can't get my hands on the orange dress, I might get that one when it goes on sale. I took some pics with my phone, so I might upload them later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->