Alessandro Michele, Creative Director of Gucci

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by poison84, Jan 21, 2015.

1. poison84

poison84 Active Member

[​IMG]
    wwd

2. perhydrol

perhydrol Member

He should just stay with his interiors and antiquities. It's going to be a bigger failure than Frida's one, not just because his first collection was pretty bad, it was like a worse version of both Prada and J.W. Anderson and imho it won't sell like hot cakes. And it's all about money now.
    Maybe Kering is trying to be like LVMH with its Loewe.

3. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

It was only his first collection. Just give it a couple more then we can really start complaining.

4. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

nymag

5. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

Let's see next month as to how the new Gucci woman is going to look like .

6. Myriah S

Myriah S New Member

^This. If he makes the Gucci woman look as unflattering as he just made the Gucci man, then RIP to Gucci.

7. YeohRocks

YeohRocks Member

Probably like a pasty white girl from a Jane Austen novel who got lost in our Century. I'm almost 100% sure about this.

8. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

He put that menswear collection together in ten days, and as much as it had notes of Prada, Burberry, Saint Laurent, whoever, it looked twenty times more current than before.
    I'm looking forward to seeing his take on womenswear.. and I'll hold my tongue over my snobbery of accessories designers taking on high fashion until I see it.

9. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

10. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

I say he'll last maybe two or three seasons. Gucci did need a change, but I feel like the collection they just showed was way too drastic. It's going to be a bit confusing for the typical Gucci customer.

11. VersaceVixen009

VersaceVixen009 New Member

My prediction is that he'll have an Alessandra Facchinetti-like stint.

And IMHO,his menswear collection was HORRENDOUS, worse than Frida's gucci man ever was.

12. coutugh

coutugh New Member

Hmm Kering/Gucci is trying to inject androgyny into the collections and image of the menswear - trying to follow what J.W., Slimane have been doing for their own lines ... just so it gets relevance and $$$

13. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

How can anyone already, with so much confidence, say that he'll last three seasons and his collections won't sell? He's shown us one collection he hastily put together.

Also, Slimane shows us ugly crap season after season and his clothes sell like hot cakes as well, right?

14. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

Waiting for the womens show, but he feels like an inbetween.

15. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Active Member

Ok, let´s see if I have understood all this...first Frida gets fired because she is unable to develop a strong identity/vision for Gucci...and then they hire a new creative director (whose first men collection is a mixture between Yves Saint Laurent for cross-dressers, Prada 70s prints; and Céline-esque fur flat mules)to develop a strong identity/vision for Gucci.

Ok! Whatever!

PS. But I like Alessandro Michele´s look à la Charles Manson!!

16. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I am trying hard not to judge from the ill-fitting menswear collection that he apparently put together in ten days (which, by the way, I am not buying since Gucci already knew he was going to be Frida's successor), but this doesn't look good. If the womenswear one is as sloppy and unattractive as this, I say no.

17. squilliam

squilliam Member

But it's well made ugly crap, he also has a blind legion of followers, no one really knows who this guy is and considering the comments no one really wants to know who he is

18. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Good for him. I did like the accessories in his menswear.
    Gucci needs to change and if he is ambitious, he can deliver.
    I'm curious. His first collection will be a FW so, he will have to experiment with all the luxurious fabrics and incredible techniques.

But i hope the casting and everything will be better...no need to try hard to be different.

19. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

Not excited at all. I can't say anything else... Only time will tell.

20. VogueDisciple93

VogueDisciple93 Active Member

I will wait for his women's collection to give my final judgement but if the men's f/w collection is any indication of his future at Gucci, God speed, because that was one of the most awful parade of clothes in recent years. NEVER thought for any moment I would prefer Frida over another.

I am asking this with genuine innocence, did Gucci say that Alessandro only had a couple days to put the men's collection together or are people just assuming this given the period between Frida's official departure and show date? I would believe he would have been working on this for far more time, whether Frida was still CD on paper she seem to have been disengaged with the brand long before her last day. If he did get all that designed and made in a couple days, congrats to him on that miracle, though it was still putrid.