Alexa Chung S/S 2019 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 15, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

No business having a fashion show, terrible.

Benn98 likes this.
  3. Machinegumm

Machinegumm Member

Why does this even exist?

Nomar and Benn98 like this.
  4. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

No buisness being famous let alone having a show. The clearance bin at Zara is more stimulating.

Benn98 likes this.
  5. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

I'd destroy the brand. Literally speaking.

Benn98 likes this.
  6. [Piece Of Me]

[Piece Of Me] Well-Known Member

I don't think any of this is ugly or bad, it's just completely unoriginal. Nothing exciting or stand out whatsoever.

7. Morgane07

Morgane07 Well-Known Member

I expected her line to be a lot better - nothing ground-breaking but cute clothes, but most of it has been ugly since the start.
    I checked her online site a few months ago, I could only find one thing I liked and her clothes don't seem to sell well. I doubt she'll last. She seemed very ambitious when she started so it's a little surprising she couldn't do better.

8. apple

apple Well-Known Member

This collection is the definition of bland. There is nothing so bad to say "what on earth is this?" But every single look is completely unremarkable. I have always found Alexa quite overrated and never considered her looks so interesting, so her show is a reflection of that for me.

9. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I remember that at one point, she was the face of Longchamp. Maybe the people of Longchamp could have been more clever by giving her a line...
    This collection for Longchamp could work.
    The real problem now is that this on it own, like the Longchamp one in NYC have no way to exist on a catwalk...Or anywhere else.

10. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

her style was really cool back in the day ... but now ? it's not very classic either

11. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

Seems like this was created for the same reasons other celebrities have a line (ego, expanding their "brand", financial survival, tiny drop of creative fun)., except with Alexa you know she does have a more.. discerning eye for fashion.. she's never been vulgar and seems to genuinely like clothes.

The reactions she's triggered from day one have always perplexed me.. I actually find her more likable than many others with undefined/defined occupations, I really don't think that matters so much in show business, it's been a long time since it's been about talent, more about looks and connections..

In general, New York and London fashion weeks are so overpopulated with inexplicable acts and solemn appearances from people incapable of even picking out the right shirt from a closet without aid from a stylist, that Alexa seems pretty legit to me as far as 'fashion person that may or may not release a perfume or a collection at some point of her career' goes.. and this is harmless, just a combination of traditional pieces she's worn before, in a different color or print, nothing too criminal. There is something funny about showing a collection... it's never devoid of "dictating style", so you kind of wonder about credentials or maybe their level of confidence :rolleye:.. but you know, when you have people that start out showing collections, suggesting consumers what to wear, looking like this, and go on to be revered even on tFS and seen as the epitome of elegance.. hard to find the rest insulting.. same for rappers that are 'very serious' fashion designers because they make sweatshirts and socks.

12. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

ha ha ha - mulletproof - you win, hands-down! :clap::judge::king:
    (thought of same rappers)

13. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Hard to disagree with you Mulletproof...
    I’ve checked out the prices of her line...And yes, she is less offensive than some of the so called designers.
    The product is honest and the promise is not pretentious.

I’m still behind my idea that Longchamp should have called her for their line..

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I think it was clever of her to go at it alone, and not tied to Longchamp. And I certainly think this collection will not only sell better, but looks way more interesting (next to mumsy Temperley!) and will be editorialised more than most. But...... she's cut from the same cloth as Victoria Beckham! It's one thing to be admired for your personal style, it's another to commit yourself by putting out collections, season after season with not much of a message! I just don't see the point of her showing this at LFW, should've gone to NY. They give their runway to every Jack and Jill with a pair of scissors and pattern.

frk-frost likes this.
  15. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Active Member

It can't possibly get more pedestrian than this.

frk-frost likes this.
  16. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

These clothes have no personality. Can’t really remember a single look, nor am i inspired enough to scroll up and look again.