Not surprising Style.com would prefer Chalayan over this... :innocent:

:heart:

00230f.jpg
00340f.jpg

00360f.jpg
00380f.jpg

00060f.jpg

:woot:

The collection had such a sci-fi feel to it, it's not even funny.. but yet, I thought it was very innovative. The high collars... huge, stiff dresses... not something we saw at every other show. The "giant rug" was gorgeous.

There were also some very conservative pieces.. beige skirts and the like.. nothing too spectacular on that front, though.

I loved this fur:

You only have to compare this collection with Galliano's offering from DIOR to realise that Alexander McQueen is a GENIUS . B)

I have seen NOTHING to compare with this so far from Paris . :P

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by kit@Mar 6th, 2004 - 7:59 am
You only have to compare this collection with Galliano's offering from DIOR to realise that Alexander McQueen is a GENIUS . B)

Indeed. I think the only way to go is to say of every established designer,McQueen is by far the most focused and most precise.

It's all pretty good...as we expected from McQueen...and to think that Galliano used to be on this level - I stand by my comments on drugs in the Dior thread :innocent:

I love that people call Galliano an artist and love his theatrics and then when McQueen has conceptualized clothes (although some pieces, still very wearable) they get upset.

The cut is amazing. I'm glad to see someone doing something different. A lot of collections often play with the sae themes and just show them differently but McQueen totally branches off. I love that.

i have to admit that this show is not as theatrical as past efforts, and i am much more pleased after seeing the whole of it. the first 3 pics through me off... but after viewing the collection, i can say that i can appreciate this line. although, i still am not fond of the bedazzle tights and the astro neck lines... :wink:

mcqueen certainly is a master at constructing garmets.... and i am glad that he toned down some for this collection. it is nice to see work more than gimicks...

but i still find mcqueen to be so ridiculous in his statements about art/america... especially when his field of expertise fits oh so perfectly into the greed that he says to abhor so much. :blink:

while the cut and tailoring is immaculate...as usual...i really hope he'll offer other colours at retail...because let's face it...beigey/natural is hard for anyone to look good in...you either look pastey or you wind up like poor charlize at the oscars...glowing orange...i don't think the brillo-pad wigs really enhanced the presentation either...i thought we were on the ...edgy can still be beautiful page now...c'mon lee...catch up... :flower:

and if he wasn't going for theatrics...then what the hell was that last look supposed to be?!?! :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 6th, 2004 - 2:04 pm
while the cut and tailoring is immaculate...as usual...i really hope he'll offer other colours at retail...because let's face it...beigey/natural is hard for anyone to look good in...you either look pastey or you wind up like poor charlize at the oscars...glowing orange...i don't think the brillo-pad wigs really enhanced the presentation either...i thought we were on the ...edgy can still be beautiful page now...c'mon lee...catch up... :flower:

and if he wasn't going for theatrics...then what the hell was that last look supposed to be?!?! :innocent:
i can't stand the beige on beige on beige coloring that so many gals wear to the oscars either... :wacko: color is a GOOD thing :blush:

I dunno, while the pieces were beautifully constructed (of course) and some of them quite gorgeous, it felt a little....bland mabye? I can't describe quite what I think. I like it for it's technique and creativity but in comparison to some of his latest collections, it felt kinda, old. By old I mean, very familiar, but not necessarily in a good way. I dunno, mabye it'll grow on me but it wasn't my favorite collection from the past few years.

On a different note, did this collection remind anyone of his "Shining" collection from fall/winter 98 or 99 (not sure which)?

Originally posted by kit@Mar 6th, 2004 - 4:59 pm

ditto Kit and mehg :flower:

sir Alexander rudes :heart:
regardless that he beat me on scarf collars :cry:

ps: i so agree with softgrey regarding his choice of colours..
this was the big and only wrong turn in this collection,
but regarding to what i've seen so far this is by far one
of the most original collection from the Paris fashion week.

oh dear :sick: :sick:
to me this is 99% ugly ugly ugly fashion :ninja:

there were 2 dresses that i thought were nice but the rest.........oh my god.....help me

Exhibit A.............woman dressed as a TREE
r1003056358.jpg

Exhibit B...........the MIST ON TAN BOOTH
post-19-1078579031.jpg

exhibit C...........the HUMAN VASE
r3617567588.jpg

yeah i know Ale, and i dont appreciate art in fashion :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member