Alexander McQueen F/W 2018.19 Paris

Pleasantly surprised. It's fresh, sexy & sleek.

Reminds me of Tiscis Givenchy and also Cavalli when it was good. The last gowns should be burned though.

loved it, the fringe pieces are my fave. that pink dress on rianne near the end woooow. that has to be one of the best of the season.

Can´t help but wonder what Alexander would make if he would be still alive and designing...

That smoking jacket with that pink satin monstrosity coming from inside should be burnt and buried. It´s like a fabric version of "The thing". Like a nature´s aberration! Did she have Chernobyl radiation effects in mind, when she designed that??

And the last gowns...really, it´s like she wants to make the models look overweight on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm divided - I really like this as an independent collection, or a collection for Cavalli/Givenchy, but as an Alexander McQueen collection? I don't think so.

I absolutely love it until the last two looks. They don't fit in and it also makes Eliza K. look like a potato. Typically the McQueen tailoring is on point.

I feel like this collection is very brave for Sarah. Kudos.

It's a bit hit or miss for me, but I like it a lot overall. Some incredible pieces in there. I get the whole moth inspiration as an idea and I think it's working quite consistently, many of the prints are a bit too Cavalli turned teenage goth for my taste though.

It was a BEAUTIFUL collection. Stunning in person, if anyone can find the video you should see it in motion. The pictures don't do it justice.

With that said I couldn't help but feel she's a bit too pedestrian for Mcqueen (wheres the DRAMA). I still want to see Gareth at the helm, he would have been perfect for the job.

It looks like a poor ( not execution, of course, but concept ) copy of Céline...so it looked like Proenza. And opening the show with one of "the" Céline girls, Binx, makes it worse.

That pink dress/jacket is probably the ugliest look of the season.

I don't kknow if i really like this collection. There are some good looks inside, in black, like nr.1 1,nr. 28 and nr.30
The last 2 dresses are bad, the dress in rose pale or pink pale colour is ugly. The model looks like curvy model in this dress.
This monsters- smoking jacket with pink satin and black smoking jacket-coat with burgundy satin to forget.
And so many fringe dresses, why?
Not her best collection, imo.

I love look 10 and look 25.
In order to appreciate a McQueen collection these days, i have to erase the brand and the history behind it because it's almost like a totally different brand now.
It's like those old couture houses that have been revived. They used the name to attract people even if the fashion has nothing to do with it.

McQueen is the same. Sarah Burton is doing Sarah Burton but is using the word McQueen to make her work relevant.

Gareth Pugh is the only designer I can think of that could save this brand nowadays. This is too Givenchy. Too feminine. Too delicate. The McQueen woman was everything but delicate.

This is really needed in fashion nowadays, I would've loved to see one or two creations like this at the Oscars! (Which was the most boring show on earth, kind of like NYFW in a way, right?) Anyways, I love how brave this collection is and how much effort and imagination each outfit has been given. I also love how Couture this collection feels, the gowns and dresses feel like exclusive one-off's, unattainable for regular folks... a quality that makes fashion mysterious and desirable.

Now that someone mentioned, I do see a little of Givenchy by Tisci and I love that. I also see a bit of Proenza.

This collection is one of my favorites this season. Simple, but strong. They ditched the flowers and prints and went for something more simple and it looks amazing!

I love look 10 and look 25.
In order to appreciate a McQueen collection these days, i have to erase the brand and the history behind it because it's almost like a totally different brand now.
It's like those old couture houses that have been revived. They used the name to attract people even if the fashion has nothing to do with it.

McQueen is the same. Sarah Burton is doing Sarah Burton but is using the word McQueen to make her work relevant.

This.
Its a good collection but I just cant appreciate it properly because its Alexander McQueen's name that its labbed above. She is really not interested in doing McQueen.
If this was Givenchy would be perfect, but now I like Claire and I dont she out.

I really hate her work. It’s just so clueless.

And if you’ve been to a McQueen store as of late...it’s really an appaling experience. Some of the heaviest, tackiest, clunkiest, most tricky, most overwrought clothes I’ve seen on the market. Feels very out of touch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->