Alexander McQueen F/W 2020.21 Paris

My god...this coat copied from McQueen "Golden shower" collection looks like a AliExpress version of the original:

When you order your McQueen look...
ALEXANDER-MCQUEEN-SPRING-1998-RTW-052.jpg

...when you receive it!
ALEXANDER-MCQUEEN-SPRING-1998-RTW-05.jpg
vogue.com

If she is gonna destroy original McQueen looks, she´d better keep sewing rhinestones all over her usual prom-dresses.

Last edited:
God I loathe this woman. I simply can't stand her era of McQueen even at it's best, but this must be one of the worst collections I've seen her produce, it's absolutely disgusting and makes me sick to even think that she's associating Lee's name with this trash.

I expect nothing and I'm still let down. Considering it was Alexander's tenth anniversary last month, I expected more. But deep down I knew that it won't be anything special.

I liked the „Golden shower“ and „Joan“ reminders (although poorly made).
The rest was for me underwhelming.

And if I see another white dress with a black belt, I'm gonna kill myself.

Her worst collection to date.

If McQueen were to use a plus size model, I'm sure it would have been something way more interesting, probably controversial and while I wouldn't expect Burton to be controversial or as provocative as McQueen himself, I would expect more than a two tone shift dress that cuts at the waist like that. In fact the 2 plus size looks belong at NYFW.

The tailoring is the standout and sharper than what she normally presents. There's no story here and this just amounts to a pile of "stuff" which is fine for other brands but the standards and expectations are understandably different for McQueen.

Underwhelming as a whole.

That Dress/Gown thingy on Deirdre Fírinne looks awful:ninja: ...maybe it's just the colors & the pattern but i don't like it ...She has done much much better than this collection...Maybe her worst collection ever ?

I probably need more time to pinpoint why, but this is definitely her worst collection since becoming creative director of the brand. I think I saw a suit or two that I really like, and then the rest is either extremely forgettable, sloppy or pure trash. I cannot begin to describe how I feel about those two Marchesa dresses at the end.

there's a few great pieces here and there, but most of it is so bad. And i'm incredibly confused by this look:

vogue.com

it looks like it doesn't belong in the collection and it also looks like it was stitched at the last minute by someone who'd never sewn before in their life. One of cheapest looking things i've ever seen on a mcqueen runway

It's a new low for her I guess. This time Sarah didn't overdose couture techniques and embroidery so everything looks very bland and repetitive, for example all the suits look the same, the only thing that is changing is the colour. Also that quote from the 'Untitled' looked poor and too literal.

I feel like this situation is similar to what happened to Moschino after Franco's death with Rosella at the helm. She just produced pretty clothes with very basic sense of humour and didn't try to make anything with deeper meaning. Here we have Sarah. Thanks to her (and the MET exhibition in a way) McQueen now means 'dark romance' but nobody cares to go deeper into his work. And now it seems that even Burton doesn't really care.

Love the boots and a few of the coats are lovely but otherwise, this is a sad collection. Definitely feels like there is no narrative here.

I feel like this situation is similar to what happened to Moschino after Franco's death with Rosella at the helm. She just produced pretty clothes with very basic sense of humour and didn't try to make anything with deeper meaning. Here we have Sarah. Thanks to her (and the MET exhibition in a way) McQueen now means 'dark romance' but nobody cares to go deeper into his work. And now it seems that even Burton doesn't really care.

It seems to me that she's been on autopilot for a while now and that she stopped caring long time ago.

humm i liked it.... (please don't kill me) the dresses were really stunning

the look on Kaia Gerber particularly was awesome! It looked like a butterfly!

Why do y'all hate her so much tho? She's great! Even if this isn't her best collection to date, her last collection was one of her best to date and you still hated it. I guess you are all on auto-pilot.

Why do y'all hate her so much tho? She's great! Even if this isn't her best collection to date, her last collection was one of her best to date and you still hated it. I guess you are all on auto-pilot.

Watch any McQueen collection. Then watch this...and maybe you can understand why I don´t like her work.

Because this isn't supposed to be Sarah Burton F/W 2020, but Alexander McQueen F/W 2020. She is killing the brand for which McQueen worked really hard. And yes, I'm on autopilot, I don't like her from the start and never will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->