Alexander Mcqueen Interview

alexander mcqueen is such a sweetheart...to think that such a warm person designs such meticulous and brutal (in the chic-est of ways, mind you) clothes.

:blush: :crush: :wub:

Aww... look at this.. :blush:

Attachments

• mcqueen372.jpg
    mcqueen372.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 10
Yeah,that's really sweet and funny--its like a normal conversation one would have with their parents.

Nice article - it comes across as insightful - I guess 'cause it's his mum asking the questions. :flower:

That was so beautiful, :flower: i have always liked AM, thought it was funny and made me want to hug him. I dont usually read articles, cuz half way through im bored, but this was refreshing. Hurray for Alexander McQueen :heart:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Apr 21st, 2004 - 7:51 am
alexander mcqueen is such a sweetheart...to think that such a warm person designs such meticulous and brutal (in the chic-est of ways, mind you) clothes.

:blush: :crush: :wub:
I respect and admire his craft as a designer, but some alleged personal accounts of his behavior from his former assitants are far from "warm" and "sweetheart-like"... :innocent:

He seems like someone you could have a really interesting conversation with. I would love to talk with him about anything, fashion, music, art, politics.....whatever. He just seems cool to talk to.

Thanks for an interesting article, Kit. I found the part about his meeting with the Queen to be very insightful.

Aww... :heart:
JM: What is your most terrifying fear?
AM: Dying before you.
JM: Thank you, son. What makes you proud?
AM: You.
JM: Why?
AM: No, no, ask the next one: "What makes you furious?" You! [laughs]
JM: No, go on, what makes you proud?
AM: When things go right, when the collection goes right, when everyone else in the company's proud.
JM: What makes you furious?
AM: Bigotry.
JM: What makes your heart miss a beat?
AM: Love.
JM: Love for children? Love for adults? Love for animals?
AM: Falling in love.

Thanks so much for the post. I loved that article. I always thought he was amazing and so very, very talented. Loved it tons! :heart:

:woot: cute interview -thanks for the link kit :heart: -but it seems a tiny bit 'staged' no?

fave extracts (love both Glass & Nyman and i love what he said regarding inspiration and rap music)

JM: As you know, I'm a Simply Red and Elton John fan. :lol: Who are your favourite artists?
AM: As in singers?
JM: Yeah, well, y'know, groups, whatever. Because at one time, you were very much into classical music.
AM: Beyoncé. No, I'm only joking.
JM: He was about, what, 15. I know because I've still got them at home.
AM: I think composers. People like Michael Nyman, who compose an original piece of music - believe it or not, the artists today are inspired by people like Michael Nyman and Philip Glass, who come up with unusual sounds.
JM: I know, I know, that's where pop music comes from ...
AM: Nah, it's like the architect who designed the Gherkin [Norman Foster and his Swiss Re tower in London] inspires people, or Alexander McQueen does a collection that inspires other people to do different things and move things forward. Rap music's been around for too long now to be inspirational. The words are, but the music isn't.
JM: You haven't given me an answer there. You haven't come out with a group.
AM: I have - Philip Glass and Michael Nyman.

Tks, Kit for sharing!
You know Lee's my all-time fave designer!

Le .. I kinda get it ... the only parts non-staged seem to be when they argue and go a bit off-topic from the question ... though I'll have to admit I'm madly in love with the reply about his greatest fear ... gotta love the man for it!
I just wish they went a bit further about his hobbies ... his thing for birds and falconing (sp?), etc ...

what an amazing interview...those two are so cute...hehe, they sorta start arguing over bit and pieces and then move on. hehe, very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->