Alexander McQueen kimono jacket

I remember it was mentioned once a long time ago, maybe in the sewing thread? I wanted to make it, but I got all confused and stuff when i was making it...

that was a year or more ago though. i should try again, I love that jacket, it's really cool. i love the showcase of all the different versions... inspiring

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually made this for my entrance portfolio for university. I think it turned out quite well and I wear it occasionally. I have more pictures at home but here is the side view
467787574_a5d81e4e3e_o.jpg

Ask me anything!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's beautiful! :shock: Really, absolutely breathtaking! I would love to try this when I get a bit better. Once again, great job!

Thanks everyone! It wasn't as hard as it looks, the really frustrating thing was figuring out the instructions. It only ended up taking me about 25 hours.

I wanna see more view!!! Honestly, this was the only pattern from all of those which seemed doable and pretty and wearable. I mean, the John Galliano corsage? All the stuff one needs for a proper corsage.... *phew*.

Hey guys! Thank you! Sorry I completely forgot about this thread! Here are some more pictures. Yes, it was a heavy satin. I had started using a window pane wool at first and it looked terrible so I changed it about halfway through.
coat2copyan6.jpg
coat3copyqa4.jpg
dscf1503bbki2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->