Alexander McQueen S/S 2016 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Alexander-McQueen-Ready-to-Wear-Spring-Summer-2016-Paris-0014-1443990057-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

It was so beautiful, one of the best collections of this season. It's fragile and feminine, but something is off about that collection, I don't know, maybe it's because of those wide pants (which are really cool). But you know, it's not very McQueen-ish.

Absolutely gorgeous! She really delivered this time. Anything with pants was a total winner, but there some really nice dresses, especially toward the end. The closing dress was a nice nod to McQueen himself.

One of her best collections yet, and of course, from the season. There are some references to Fall 2006, Spring 2007 and Fall 2008... a mix of Pagan, Highlands and India. Deep into McQueen's DNA but she also made it very approachable and contemporary. The long cream coats, the pants, the embroidered denim pieces, the red military jackets and the stunning dresses... not a single moment of imperfection. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was absolutely gorgeous. Sarah is really coming into her own as the head of McQueen. This collection was really fresh and new but also very distinctly McQueen. The final gown was everything!

All of the suits/separates looks with the body chains are gorgeous.

One of her best collections yet, and of course, from the season. There are some references to Fall 2006, Spring 2007 and Fall 2008... a mix of Pagan, Highlands and India. Deep into McQueen's DNA but she also made it very approachable and contemporary. The long cream coats, the pants, the embroidered denim pieces, the red military jackets and the stunning dresses... not a single moment of imperfection. :heart:

Agree.
Gorgeous. Love this collection.
anyway,Burton does her best, she can't try to be and to imagine as Lee all her life.

I wasn't convinced by the beginning, but when I scrolled down I fell more and more in love :smile:

I haven't liked a McQueen collection in a few seasons now but this is really good. It's much more experimental than usual and there is enough tackiness (the embellished denim, the almost-nude knit dresses, the red jackets, the patchwork birds), though in a good way, to keep me interested. I agree about the references, they really work well!

I love those embroidered denim pieces, how special! A few too many repeated silhouettes - I guess it's her thing - but overall a good effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->