Alexander McQueen S/S 2022 by Steven Meisel

Cast: Awar Odhiang, Lucia Fairfull, Celina Ralph, Sora Choi, Anok Yai, Arta Gee, Lara Stone, Eny Jaki, Wali Deutsch, Jill Kortleve, Cassie Wong, Fran Summers, Achenrin Madit, Florence Nicholls, Guinevere Van Seenus, Modupe Oluwalade and Jennifer Ball.

Absolutely amazing, a Meisel studio group shoot in his prime form. The cast is also great. What an unexpected, a totally welcome surprise.

Meisel for McQueen? Where was that collaboration 20 years ago? This is wonderful, as can be expected. Pure Avedon! Super excited to see Guinevere and Lara working with Steven again, they both look stunning!

Wish it was not black and white though...

Seen it all before, of course; This Avedon-tribute was refreshed much stronger and with so much more personality and conviction back in the CK One days. And I doubt Meisel did much here creatively and technically-- since it all looks obviously composited in post. But good enough, I’ll take it.

I just love Meisel & Lara looks amazing and the designs are just fantastic and dreamy.

I think Meisel photographing for McQueen is a great collaboration and his aesthetic is not distorted.

I really wanna love it because of Lara of course and Guinevere but it lacks spark.
also the random posing doesn’t work for me at all.

this is far away from being Meisel’s best.
it’s just ok.

The problem is this collaboration (Meisel + MCQueen) came too late!

Afraid to say I don’t care for this at all. It’s honestly really forgettable.

This is horrific on all fronts, the casting is just the icing on the cake here. Did they not have enough budget for a proper campaign? I'd honestly rather they just use their lookbook photos as a campaign over this.

as much as I am a Meisel stan, this ain't good. especially considering last year Roversi's campaign.
This is so lifeless and dull.

Subpar indeed, Roversi's lookbook images were superior to this mess. The compositing is as lazy as it gets and despite how hard they're trying to fool us that they were shot together with all the contrived sideways glances, everyone is so disconnected.

Beyond that, they all look dumpy in those poofy dresses and combat boots. That's more on Sarah Burton than Meisel, but God, imagine how the average woman would look in these looks?!

Avedon's brilliant Warhol Factory portrait in 1969 started it all and Meisel's 1994 CK One campaign gave it new relevance in high fashion, and that campaign has since been referenced ad nauseam by every young up-and-coming photographer that is has become a cliché. This campaign, despite being done by the man himself, is yet another cliché reference in a long line of clichés. He can do better.

On a positive note, it's great to see Lara Stone looking so fresh-faced here!

Models look good but they just stand here, there's no energy. Disappointing.

Nice to see Lara by Meisel again. But the result is a bit basic

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->