Alexander McQueen Uomo SS 2005

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by nqth, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i also need THE BAG :blush:

2. punkie

punkie New Member

From an artistic point of view, I absolutely :heart: how this line was put together and styled. I also love it from the perspective of a female wanting to wear these clothes too ;) I love McQueen :crush:

3. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i would like to state once and for all that i think alexander mcqueen is a freaking GENIUS!!!... :shock:

oh how lovely...mike...this will certainly make for some VERY interesting editorials...it almost makes me want to do menswear...just to get my hands on those pieces...what incredible work and talent...

his work is so fluid...it's like a melody...seeing the whole show together...each piece like a different note...and it's a most elegant and magical collection...i wish i had been in that audience...it takes my breath away...

thank you lee...wherever you are... :heart: :heart: :heart:
    i share your dreams...

4. kit

kit New Member

SOFT and PUNKIE , not forgetting MIKE , I SO AGREE WITH YOU !!!!

This is EVERYTHING that Vivienne Westwood tries to be but just CANNOT achieve . :rolleyes:

Remember , it's a SUMMER collection , and TONED DOWN ( do I hear ehoes in this respect of C Bailey's collection for BURBERRY PRORSUM ? ) , what we will see in the shops will be utterly innovative and captivating . :p

The whole collection is chock full of fresh ideas , that admittedly are OTT for the catwalk , but a fitting adjunct for summer to his superb A/W 04/05 collection of severe tailoring . B)

LOVE IT :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

KIT :p

5. datura001

datura001 New Member

The shoes are mine mine mine mine mine...oh yeah...

6. punkie

punkie New Member

Hmmm.. Is there such a thing as petite men's sizes :lol: I wonder if I would fit into any of his creations as a woman? :p

Kit- I was thinking the exact same thing when looking at Vivienne's collection on the other thread. How it was sooo trying to be a McQueen collection with all of its might! But could not... B)

7. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

the line will so sell for girls :heart:

8. softgrey

true... i think i like it better than his womenswear...

the women's stuff is to drag queen/ human barbie for my taste......even though i love the workmanship and detailing...

i want a lace poncho... :heart: :blush:

9. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

true... i think i like it better than his womenswear...

the women's stuff is to drag queen/ human barbie for my taste......even though i love the workmanship and detailing...

i want a lace poncho... :heart: :blush: [/b][/quote]
    lets go into shared investment softie, we can buy just one and wear it 3 months each :lol:

10. macchiom

macchiom New Member

Some interesting details but to be honest I had expected a lot more from Mcqueen.

I agree it will be interesting to see what eventually will end up in the stores.

11. softgrey

lets go into shared investment softie, we can buy just one and wear it 3 months each :lol: [/b][/quote]
    that could work!!!... :woot: :heart:

:lol:

12. Nader

Nader Active Member

simply put, i hate it

13. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

Me too. It's the perfect size and that wide strap will do wonders for my Napoleon Complex.

14. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Well-Known Member

I love it!

I would wear half of it in an heartbeat.

Seriously.

I reminds me of Galliano's S/S 03 show with all the body paint and ethnic references.

15. Christopher31

Christopher31 New Member

Im really liking alot of the stuff here... highly unwearable (maybe one piece at a time, if that). Its too bad most of it will nvr hit stores..

thanks for the pictures! wonderful.

16. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Whoa! A bit shocked! This is a first-impression post ...
    I'm not quite sure about the indian trip but there are some things I'd like to point out:
    *the ACCESORIES rock! I know -and hope- will become the items for the SS season if gets editorial or a bit of coverage (maybe some star-power ... some "kewl" celebs wearing his stuff!)
    -Personally I'm in love with the bag and the poncho!!!!!-
    *I'm AMAZED by the fact of how womenswear has influenced the collection .. I mean, it's hard to put the finger where but you can see that though the pieces are clearly masculine, mostly cuz of the cut and some materials/colors .. he seems to experiment with a bit of dazzle and romance and frilly things!
    *MAKEUP I think it pushes the envelope a bit .. I really like it!
    *Influences ... my first thought was JPG all the way baby! Though Vivienne W. and B. Wilhem are obvious choices!
    *I'll guess you have to keep in mind the WOW-factor with a McQueen show ..same with womenswear ... you may see some just-for-show pieces .. but in between you'll find the perfect basics as well as some that you just want-want-want!

Overall ... I'm happy ... as I said before, Lee .. I love you! I'm still waiting for you across the ocean!

17. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

OMG!! He's really channeling a bit of Van Beirendonck. However,I think I'm fairly disappointed with this attempt. I think I preferred the attentiveness more on the clothes in the last collection than this one....overall. Not bad but not as good.

18. seditionary

seditionary New Member

omg!!"!!!!

i sooo want the boots that lena pinpointed out... and one of the indiany poncho things... for tonights clubbin outfit.... dammit dammit....

i will have to stick to my super bitch look!

i looooove this collection... if it was affordable to me.. i would buy loads of it...
    not the indian mirrored trousers... not most of the trousers actually... but the rest rocks

19. orlem

orlem New Member

I was thinking echoes from Star Wars. :p

I do love the red belt in the third picture.

20. runner

runner .

FWD