Alexander McQueen Uomo SS 2005

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by nqth, Jun 28, 2004.

1. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

OMG!
    My fave look!
    [​IMG]
    I want all the accesories! I want them all!
    And I can't sell my body partas in this country! :cry:

2. Misako

Misako within an embrace

Nice, but what I've seen on this thread seems rather unwearable...

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

there are more mainstream McQueen Uomo looks at modaonline.it ;)

4. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I am alone in my appraisal. -_- I am the only one who thinks McQueen is terribly overrated.

Some points of this collection proves this.

Firstly, these pants are a complete rip-off Galliano's. He did these in the late 90's.

[​IMG]

Next the painted people. While theatrically I appreciate it, it is again a rip-off of Gallino.

[​IMG]

5. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I did love a few pieces though.

This, which was apparently gotten from his latest women's wear collection.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what I'm trying to say is the collection is strong not so much creatively, but TECHNICALY. ;)

6. Plumour

Plumour New Member

typical Mcqueen....in a bad way :ninja:

only a few pieces looked nice and 'reasonable' to me, amazing details as always.

but I can't seem to picture this collection on any man :blink:

7. scheiked

scheiked New Member

One or two pieces are nice and wearable, but all in all is the collection horrible, I expect much more from McQueen, than this...

8. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

i tend to disagree...mcqueen like galliano tends to exist on more of the fringe of fashion...where galliano tends to only turn out near-costume, mcqueen, especially in his womenswear, actually makes bundles of highly wearble (and covetable clothes).

with that being said, i think this collection will be important not for its content but because these collections tend to predict the moods of a season. the nostalgic romanticized soldier i think will be something i think more than one designer will hit on in the days and weeks to come (there are a couple of movies dealing with the topic coming out this fall, too; world war two memorial just opened). people want to think back to that time when soldiers were honorable and menswear (at least mcqueen's) is reflecting that.

9. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i can see JPG amd Willehelm but no, i excuses, can't see any traces of Galliano in McQueens' work..

as for the indian influence, it was only for two looks at the end of the show, so its not that central...

10. I absolutely ADORE this man's shows! Its so amazing! :shock: I have to be in one! :heart:

11. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Well-Known Member

i tend to disagree...mcqueen like galliano tends to exist on more of the fringe of fashion...where galliano tends to only turn out near-costume, mcqueen, especially in his womenswear, actually makes bundles of highly wearble (and covetable clothes).

with that being said, i think this collection will be important not for its content but because these collections tend to predict the moods of a season. the nostalgic romanticized soldier i think will be something i think more than one designer will hit on in the days and weeks to come (there are a couple of movies dealing with the topic coming out this fall, too; world war two memorial just opened). people want to think back to that time when soldiers were honorable and menswear (at least mcqueen's) is reflecting that. [/b][/quote]
    I agree. Ths is easily my favorite collection show for the season so far (although I am anxiously waiting for dior homme to change that). It is so romantic and summery and went dead on with what I was planning to wear next S/S.

12. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Overrated? Not too much. I think he gets what he deserves as far as the recognition and the praise. This collection,though,I'm not seeing any of his talent except for the suits. The styling in this show is real crap,I think. It doesn't allow for me to see anything but spectacle...which is a shame.

13. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Overrated? Not too much. I think he gets what he deserves as far as the recognition and the praise. This collection,though,I'm not seeing any of his talent except for the suits. The styling in this show is real crap,I think. It doesn't allow for me to see anything but spectacle...which is a shame. [/b][/quote]
    spectacle? Did I miss something? The only thing that may be seen as such is the makeup! Is there a vid of the show?
    I think that for McQueen standards this is LEE TAMED.

Oh ..and about Igni's commens on
    No ... I'm afraid I do not see any Galliano resemblances on McQueen's work ... and I think that both John and Lee have mastered pattern cutting and so ..both are really good at it in their own way of working it!

14. Foxie-Pooh

Foxie-Pooh Active Member

The painted powdery look is VERY Galliano s/s 2003 with the theme of Indian wedding !!!Galliano S/S 2003

15. That Day

That Day New Member

I have to agree with the people that like the bag. I love it, and soo want it. I've been looking for a good bag and i think I found it.

16. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

there are so many designers that did the body paint before McQueen AND before Dior, its beyond the point to list them all really

its not like Galliano :rolleyes: discovered body paint on catwalk, Viktor and Rolf had done it before Dior :p

17. Plumour

Plumour New Member

seriously, the body painted people from this McQueen show just oddly oddly remind me of terrorists :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I don't know why :wacko:

:ninja:

18. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

The inspiration for this collection is EAST/WEST and he did it as a critique to the situation that's going on right away (that's why you see military men and some others wearing more eastern looks).
    So you got it right!

19. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Okay, I think the thing that's bothering me with this collection is 1) the somewhat muted, dull colors some of the pieces are done in, just a preference and 2) unlike his women's collections, what I'm seeing doesn't quite seem to go together. What I mean is, while I can see the military thread running through the collection, I don't understand the Indian pieces toward the end. Technically of course, it's amazing, I mean this is Mcqueen after all, but I think for his men's line I'd like to see him really show off his Savile Row training in imbeccably cut suits that have the usual McQueen twist and while he did show that in some looks, I just didn't like how it turned out. I like that Indian/Morroccan embroidery and I think it would be great if he used it on a suit, perhaps the back of the jacket, or the hem of the pants, it would be totally wearable, but it's still an unexpected touch for menswear....

I do however, love the pants in the first pic, and the top in the second I'd wear with a black suit easily. Hmmm, mabye it'll grow on me, and if not there's always next season :blush:

Edit, I now get the Eastern themed pieces in the end, but even though intellectually I understand where he's coming from, to look at it still throws me off, visually it just doesn't add up........at least for me, I'm a simple mind really :innocent:

20. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Savile Row training and cutting was seen from him on his first menswear collections ... you may enjoy to get a look at his archives (firstview.com).
    I'll have to admit that in a way it's a bit unexpected -and I relate/understand where you're coming from-, but I like the outcome ... what I want in menswear is quite simple "No more of the same sh*t".
    And to me, Lee delivered.