Alexander McQueen Uomo SS 2005

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by nqth, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Prince,I find it a bit contradictive that you like some of this stuff yet you complain about "drippy and pretentious" Belgians etc. This is far more unwearable as a whole than anything you'd see from any of those designers.

Honestly,you all can say what you will...and I positively admire what McQueen does...but all of this is,I find very bland. The way he incorporated "ethnic" its just not the way I could have imagined from him.

2. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Wearability is subjective - I would wear all of this sans gas-mask and body-paint.

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

ethnic?
    It was just three pieces (or even two) at the finale, it was certainly not an ethnic influenced collection..
    as for "unwearable" ?? i cant believe you find this collection unwearable my dear scott, and.. whats all this about the Belgians?
    Honestly, I havent seen anything 'amazing' coming from Belgium for quite sometime now... fashion doesnt start and finish in Belgium, thanks God for that :p

4. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Notice I said Belgians "ETC."? And yes I do find this unwearable. Who on earth is going wear a pink jumpsuit in the real world?! Or a poncho with loads of pailettes?? And we're talking men here....on the street....not Liberace or Boy George. That's not realistic is it? I see nothing catching on except that one lone suit that was posted.

Whatever Prince. I know and we all know you're full of it. If you really were disgusted by pretensiousness you wouldn't like this either.

5. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Or in other words - 'My judgement about this collection is the correct one. Because you do not agree and you don't like the designers I like...you suck!'...

6. nqth

nqth arndom

Oh guys, please:)

7. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Well-Known Member

ethnic?
    It was just three pieces (or even two) at the finale, it was certainly not an ethnic influenced collection..
    as for "unwearable" ?? i cant believe you find this collection unwearable my dear scott, and.. whats all this about the Belgians?
    Honestly, I havent seen anything 'amazing' coming from Belgium for quite sometime now... fashion doesnt start and finish in Belgium, thanks God for that :p [/b][/quote]
    ummm

there was a lot more than 3 ethnic influenced pieces.

8. Erzébeth

Erzébeth New Member

9. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

Let's keep it decent ok...resepct other opinions, that's what this forum is about :flower:

10. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Let's keep it decent ok...resepct other opinions, that's what this forum is about :flower: [/b][/quote]
    even though his highness was being sarcastic, good point Mr.Dale :p

11. faust

faust New Member

ethnic?
    Honestly, I havent seen anything 'amazing' coming from Belgium for quite sometime now... fashion doesnt start and finish in Belgium, thanks God for that :p [/b][/quote]
    I really don't see either what is wearable about that collection, except the suit and the bag, but let me restate again what people seem to be missing, this is NOT what we will see in stores. :flower:

12. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

regardless what will go out in the stores,
    what is or what isnt wearable
    is -to make a long story short- a personal issue.

personally i cannot take any catwalk image as fixed or granted,
    one usually only takes fragments of what's out there for inspiration
    or sheer appreciation and -if desired- adapts them
    in a personalised wardrobe.
    things we like are always wearable...

who/why should argue on matters of personal taste/style?

respect :flower:

13. nqth

nqth arndom

from hintmag.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. nqth

nqth arndom

15. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

hmm I quite liek this

I like the army theme, thats cuts are veyr nice, I LOVE the ponchoes, I like the indian theme as well.
    I do think he is overrated, but i liekt hsi

16. runner

runner .

exactly
    this is it.

17. faust

faust New Member

Yep. The stores are playing it sooo safe. Do you guys remember that gorgeous embroidered coat that was all over McQueen website for the current season? Not a single store in NYC (including the McQueen boutique) bought it, and that's not even such an "out there" peice.

18. metal-on-metal

Woah now. What exactly are you trying to say here, Plumour? Because it sounds like you are equating Middle Eastern dress with terrorism, which distresses me rather a lot. Yes, the show had a lot of military and Middle Eastern references. How does that link to terrorism? I think you'll find that the pinstriped navy blue suit has a lot more to do with perpetuating terrorism in this world than the dishdasha, the burqa, the keffiyeh, or any of the inspiring elements in McQueen's show.

19. datura001

datura001 New Member

I think it's great that his planned, borrowed, and semi spontaneous imagery is so damn provocative, that it frightens, titilates, and bores people all at the same time.

All I care about are the shoes and the bag, I hope the stores pick those up because I want them.

The theme overall seemed a bit clunky but to perfectly honest, he really can do no wrong by me...and didn't he get to paint real army boys? I thought I'd read somewhere that he used real recruits or real military students or something to that effect. Not as cool as when Galliano's girls shook showers of gorgeous powder onto the runway and the audience...

20. Acid

Acid yes

fernando looks so beautiful with the black eye makeup

one of those jackets is SO SO SO nice