Alexander Wang Collection 2 F/W 20.21 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by artemovartem, Sep 6, 2020.

1. artemovartem

artemovartem Well-Known Member

2. artemovartem

artemovartem Well-Known Member

3. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Today in the new episode of “Lost Causes”...

4. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

Its just what you would expect from him. I like the heels but thats all. He probably didn't even design it.
    I have the impression that his interest in fashion is limited to receiving paychecks and partying with models.

5. Summer Day

Summer Day Well-Known Member

I acutally don't mind the clothes. I've seen worse from him, although these are just nice party dresses, nothing more.

*Edit* As per tFS Forum Rules, please refrain from model talk in the Designers & Collections section. Thank you!

#5 Summer Day, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited by moderator vogue28: Sep 8, 2020
  6. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

That's definitely the" Now thing" but at least he doesn't come up with pretentious drivel to justify his lack of ideas and general mediocrity...*cough*Virgil*cough*

7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s interesting how a brand so successful can be so removed from the fashion conversation!
    He is like the new Escada!
    That being said, it is his strongest effort in quite some time.

8. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Is he that succesful? judging by his casts it's safe to say he's probably doing well but it's hard to imagine his descent into irrelevance hasn't taken a toll on his profits, apart from that how long can he coast on his coolness when there's someone cooler around the corner each season?

I do agree that these clothes look made for adults, rather than the spoiled under-aged poseurs he's catered to before.

avonlea002 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  9. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

This looks more like a collection from a newcomer than from someone who has been 15 years in this industry.

avonlea002 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  10. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

I liked the tailoring of the suit in the fourth image worn by Gigi. After taking some time to contemplate the collection I came to realize that Wang really does design with his customer base in mind. According to BoF his products and merchandise are sold in over 700 stores globally, so from a business perspective it is apparent he is doing something right. From the feathered saandals/heels, the brown paper bag’s hand bags in white/silver/black and even the denim pieces, each is designed with the Alexander Wang girl in mind. There is a slight (very tiny) level of sophistication present especially in that asymmetrical dress fashioned from a button down in the closing look. As easy as it is to dismiss the athlesiure garments as lazy and uninspired I do have a respect for the brand that Wang has built for himself after dropping out of Parson’s so many years ago.

11. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

I actually thought that this was one of his best collections in ages. You can finally see a glimpse of his earlier work and less of that terrible skater/Americana aesthetic he tragically went after.