Alexander Wang F/W 2015.16 by Steven Klein

His gang plus some random chicks :rolleyes:
He really needs to stop with it, especially with Hanne who looks awful once again. She, Isabella and Sarah are really irrelevant.

The second shot is way too crowded but I quite like the first one. Still, it's the weakest Wang campaign in seasons.

^Hanne is far from irrelevant.

Here's the accompanying article from WWD:

Remember Alexander Wang’s fall runway show? The one that was staged in a pitch black tunnel with the girls stomping along in creepers on steroids and black tailoring with trim inspired by the face-paint stylings of Kiss? For his campaign, Wang wanted to convey the same tough, goth girl attitude with a clique of models who look like very well-dressed zombies.

Shot in black and white by Steven Klein, styled by Karl Templer with creative direction by Pascal Dangin of KiDS Creative, the campaign features a mob of brooding beauties — including Anna Ewers, Molly Bair, Binx Walton, Lexi Boling, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Sarah Brannon and Isabella Emmack — as well as singer Alice Glass and the Japanese dance duo AyaBambi, who appeared in Madonna’s “B—h I’m Madonna” video, along with Wang.

Asked about the casting, with whom Wang worked with Anita Bitton, he said, “I always feel like the campaign is the final statement of the collection. There are familiar faces of girls I just absolutely love and am constantly inspired by, but I also felt there were some really inspiring new girls I wanted to include, such as Isabella. I also wanted the casting to feel more eclectic this season, and Alice Glass has been someone I absolutely adore, and I’ve been watching Aya and Bambi for a while since I stumbled upon them online. Coincidentally, they had just been cast for Madonna and I met them at M’s party in Paris and fell in love. They all are such individuals yet they all fit the characters of this collection seamlessly. Part of youth culture relates back to tribes and groups, and a sentiment of feeling collectively different; to feel both a sense of defiance, and of belonging.”

The campaign was shot at East of Hollywood Studios in Sunset Park Brooklyn with a set by Stefan Beckman. The ads will break today on Wang’s social media channels and subsequently run in the September issues of i-D and Interview and the fall issues of Love, CR Fashion Book and Self-Service.

So glad to see Alice Glass in this! I barely recognized her. She looks a thousand times better than the other girls. To me this is far better than last season's mess.

OMG AyaBambi!!!:wub:

Was not expecting this but they suit the collection so well. However overall I think there are way too many people.

Looks like Rihanna's B—h Better Have My Money gang.

I don't like it, it looks like a group of cool girls with ugly shoes came into the rain and is angry now.

Yikes, I'm not a fan. It's too over the top, fashion models trying to be goth while having only a vague idea what it's about. The casting of AyaBambi is of course the highlight. Hanne is right in my face (this will probably be her only campaign this season), and I had to look twice to spot Anna/Binx/Sarah.

Who's the girl in the second shot, right at the back who looks like she's about to slit her wrists? :lol:

dats such a boring random campaign for such good collection. i was expecting some industrial goth tribes, burning barrels in Queens or Brooklyn, some old brick factory in NYC in the night, gloomy industrial mood and lots of girls shot by Klein. That look like just another bland feature from Interview magazine dedicated to the colletion... Such a shame

I don't like it, they tried to be so goth, tough and cool but they failed and all look... dead? The anger they tried to show looks so fake and silly in a way. And it's too crowded, the cast is so random. But I love Molly here, I wish it was an OG campaign with her.

Oh that's why Alex was in Madonna's music video.
Coming to this thought first, see how bland the result is.

This gang of his is getting so annoying.

I'm tired of Anna for Alexander Wang, but is not that bad.
Not fan of Hanne but she's stealing this campaign for me even tho they try to put Anna in front of her.

Last edited by a moderator:

You can see more shots on his site. I found only one with logo.
alexanderwang.com

This would have worked if it were just Ayabambi. They are the only ones pulling off the aesthetic with any conviction.........and just imagine the video they could have shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->