Alexander Wang for H&M

i'm kinda hoping it'll be properly unpopular here cause i wanna snag the leather biker jacket (wmns) and the silver puffer (mens) at sale prices lol

i'm kinda hoping it'll be properly unpopular here cause i wanna snag the leather biker jacket (wmns) and the silver puffer (mens) at sale prices lol

but won't the womens leather biker be too shortwaisted on you?

^^gendered comment? she's asking a legitimate question. women's clothing is cut differently than clothing for men. sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't...

...anyway, I was really impressed with what I got from the collection. the scuba trousers are so cool and the fabric is amazing. then i put them on. i'm generally a size 32, so i ordered a medium. they are HUGE. sadly, my beloved pants are now on ebay. :(

^^gendered comment? she's asking a legitimate question. women's clothing is cut differently than clothing for men. sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't...

How ridiculous would it sound if I said the same thing to a girl if she wore a jacket from the mens collection? If a guy wants to wear something cropped, do it. If a girl wants to wear something baggy, do it.

"Cuts" having a gender is so archaic. "Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" is arbitrary and presumably the kind that perpetuates sexist "fashion rules" of above.

That's a gross mentality.

Uh.... I got the towels. Only thing that truly seemed worth buying. There was one bath, and one face towel that came in a black knitted draw string bag and and additional silver draw string bag. For $35 I'd say I got my money's worth. Plus no one will ever see me with WANG written across my chest.

How ridiculous would it sound if I said the same thing to a girl if she wore a jacket from the mens collection? If a guy wants to wear something cropped, do it. If a girl wants to wear something baggy, do it.

"Cuts" having a gender is so archaic. "Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" is arbitrary and presumably the kind that perpetuates sexist "fashion rules" of above.

Completely agree. Like, why do you care if he's wearing a women's jacket? If it fits him fine, which is obviously possible, then great.

I am so lucky I got my favorite piece, the white (sweater) dress which is until now still available in H&M germany!

White is my favorite color and this was my overall favorite. It sits very straight on your silhouette since the fabric is very heavy and not easy to wrinkle.

EDITED: *please do not link to your own blogs here*

2w59h7o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Then so must be the biological differences in builds between genders I suppose.

Not to pour fuel onto a fire but you really, really took lucy's question too seriously. Plus there didn't seem to be an iota of judgement in her question, just a legitimate concern for the proportion of the jacket -- which, despite what you may or may not believe is an issue when shopping for women's clothes as a man and vice versa.

Hell, the only reason I didn't buy the tapered leather track pants for women were because the size I needed was -- not shockingly given that I'm taller than the average woman -- too short in the length. Not cropped, short and appearing not to fit correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->