02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like it. Specially the bustier/white long shirt combo

This doesn't suck nearly as much as I had anticipated. Hell, there's even some actual design going on in some of the looks.

This is a very strange collection for him at this stage in his career. It does nothing to keep up the momentum of his brilliant Spring 2010 show and it is excessively commercial to the point of mundanity.

Also, is he trying to shift his clientele base? I saw very little for 'his client' in this collection. And only one party dress? Very bizzare, don't you think?

I like this collection except for a few misses. But it is very commercial though.

i love this collection from him. the first look is super strong with the mix fabric tsilored coat. love it!!! the second look rates second highest. the draped pieces are a little sad but doesn;t make it a sad collection:D

I'm a sucker for black so I like most pieces. But some of the shapes aren't to my taste. The models pose does nothing for the clothes..

Too much black. It would be great for a funeral, though.

A couple of the longer dresses I think are horribly unflattering but for the most part I like this a lot. There are some really nice pieces, and I'm sure they'll sell well.

I agree that it is surprising not to see more party dresses. Usually there's at least one party dress in his collections that you can look at and know it's going to literally run out of the stores as soon as it come in. There's the one sequin dress, very similar to the one he did before, that seems to be his thing, he tweeks previous season's dresses for new collections. How many versions of the draped goddess dress were there?

I can't deny that I do like his clothes though.

Black, grey and white. My favourite colour palette! I have no problem with the lack of colour at all :D

some of the pieces are actually okay. i have no problem with the color palette, or lack of.

This is gorgeous and perfect! The minimalism attracts me so much! I'm not sure how he came up with this, but he needs to continue this way and he will have a new fan.

who says minimalism isn't having a comeback? alexander wang has bet smartly that his ready-to-wear fantasies will appeal to those who still have a measure of disposable cash, but to focus his efforts in the off season on the working woman who can only justify her splurges on work clothes. this collection looks like almost every single working woman i know in new york on her most chic day.

^well that's great, then.

if he goes into that way (more elaborate, though) for next fall, i would be very grateful.
* his last collection was sincerely a disaster ! no matter how buyers + editors loved it *

how is that possible he shot/produced so many looks ?!
who sponsor him ? LVMH ????

ETA : more elaborate meaning : this is still too much "blog-girl" ... try to escape this a little more AGAIN ! you're finally there ... *

Last edited by a moderator:
love this, rather surprising from Wang but I really like what he's going for in this. despite the minimalism, there's substance, something i think all minimalist collections should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->