Alexandre Vauthier F/W 2021.22 Paris

Alexandre Vauthier comes from Gaultier HC And Mugler HC...
And somehow, I’ve always felt like their influence (besides body-conscious dresses) wasn’t enough perceptible in his work. He has always mentioned Karl as his favorite even if it’s not perceptible either...

So, even if they are kinda overdone, the Margiela references are somehow refreshing and kinda link him to Gaultier a little bit.

I love tailoring and this is fabulous. It’s honest, well made and well edited RTW. I don’t even mind the Alaia denim tailleur.
The white ruffled dress is fabulous too.

I don’t know what I hate more: Tom Ford sequined column dresses or Vauthier Swarovski jersey dresses!

Great collection tho!

It's a bit repetitive, but it's well executed.

dissapointing like the last collection :( I am still into this aesthetics but this is so boring.

Love love Quin, but shes not an Vauthier girl or better to say woman.

Alexandre Vauthier comes from Gaultier HC And Mugler HC...
And somehow, I’ve always felt like their influence (besides body-conscious dresses) wasn’t enough perceptible in his work. He has always mentioned Karl as his favorite even if it’s not perceptible either...

So, even if they are kinda overdone, the Margiela references are somehow refreshing and kinda link him to Gaultier a little bit.

I love tailoring and this is fabulous. It’s honest, well made and well edited RTW. I don’t even mind the Alaia denim tailleur.
The white ruffled dress is fabulous too.

I don’t know what I hate more: Tom Ford sequined column dresses or Vauthier Swarovski jersey dresses!

Great collection tho!

We’ve all seen this before and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. For women that love the flashy, excessive, aggressive 80s looks of the designers you’ve mentioned— but don’t want to hunt and scavenge for the OG (secondhand) pieces, Vauthier provides that niche nicely.

Frankly, there are some really straightup strong pieces that can easily adapt to the individual woman’s style and taste. And if nothing else, it’s actually refreshing these days to see designs that accentuate a woman’s form rather than drown it out into some juvenile amoeba.

But aren't some of these pieces literally reissues ? Not a bad thing, per se, but he has not only literally made these pieces before, but has styled them in the same way. For example, from Spring 2021 there are the jeans with crystals paired with white shirt similar to Look 16 Here.

Image from Vogue.com

00012-Alexandre-Vauthier-RTW-Spring-21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->