Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

One thing about Vauthier, apart from his amazing teeth, he knows how to cut and construct flawless clothes.
It’s weird to mention it in a Couture week but it’s necessary.
The fabrics are perfect and the execution is good. As an independent designer, it’s great...Alexis Mabille and Ralph Russo (encore eux) should take not...AGAIN.

In the weirdest way possible, this collection is cohesive while being totally unfocused in terms of influences: Chanel, 80’s fashion and classic 60’s Balenciaga.

It’s maybe time for LVMH, Kering or even the people at Ungaro or Cavalli to call him. It seems more and more like he is applying for either Pucci, Saint Laurent or others. He could do it.
At least, there he will have archives to look at and stop copying Hedi or Anthony. Even more because when you’re coming from Mugler, it’s almost an insult to your talent to be inspired by them.

Nevertheless, the look on Faretta is beyond stunning! That’s a blouse!
My favorite look of the Couture season so far.

This is one of the few shows that hasn't left me completely cold. There's something about his blend of glam rock, 80s suiting, and vintage party dresses that makes me excited. There's not in those clothes, they're the sort of things that you want to wear when you're having a good time, and I like that. He put his bride in a ruffled mini with a sweeping train, I can't hate on someone that does that.

I wish Hedi has the audacity to go bold like this. The proportions are very nice here. The cut is sharp but sensual. And I can see that he's growing. Perhaps, having him at Pucci can be a great idea. I would to see him work with loud prints.

This is actually quite nice if you ignore that ugly green thing and the animal prints. Nothing feels too overwhelming and the simpler looks are also really chic.

much better than the last couple, there is some great stuff here. more refined better cut, more fun as well

It's fun, it's sexy, it's well cut and the casting was very good. Very nice show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->