Alexis Mabille F/W 09.10 Paris

I know bows are his "thing" but is a bow headband with a suit jacket trimmed in mini bows paired with a skirt hemmed with bows and shoes decorated with bows necessary? I guess when he really likes something he runs it into the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, scratch partially about what I said about Alexis not doing couture. According to this article, Alexis is still just a guest member of the Chambre Syndicale, but he is also doing couture. So some of this is indeed HC, but some of it is not (including the menswear, I'd assume.) Apparently, the fur trimmed suit Irina is wearing is $26,000, an one of the highly embellished coats is $65,000.

But, this is indeed the Fall collection. He just shows six months before everyone in the world...

^not six months before everyone. new york f/w 09 collections start feb. 12th

^Sorry, I was actually referring to the couture part, not the ready-to-wear.

^you mean some of the pieces in this collection here are couture?

^Yeah, I was wrong the first time. Apparently he likes to mix the RTW and couture together because he thinks it's more modern that way. It's an interesting way of doing things, but I wish it were a little better explained all in one place...

And I hope most of this is RTW, because a lot of it doesn't look like there was very much craftsmanship involved. Some of the pieces don't even look RTW quality. (The red velvet floor-length dress, for example.)

design-wise it does seem to be lacking life

from my experience though
with people who do couture for individual clients , a customer can request the most ordinary item of clothing
it's more the fit they are concerned, to make themselves look good in a garment
especially if their bodies aren't so perfect...

I'm rather fond of his menswear, but I'm not keen on his womenswear overall.

It's really hit or miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->