Alice Glass (Crystal Castles)

Baxxxton

nervous like a knivefight
Reaction score
Alice Glass is the enigmatic vocalist for the Toronto-based punk-synth duo Crystal Castles. Her fearless live performances and vocals, so distorted they are rarely distinguishable, contribute to her rabid, fast-growing fan base.

In 2003, Alice Glass hooked up with Ethan Kath to form Crystal Castles, self-releasing their first single in 2005, on MySpace, a track called ”Alice Practice.” The tune was meant as nothing more than a vocals check but attracted attention from various labels that led to a bidding war.

In March of 2008, the band released Crystal Castles, their first full-length studio album, hitting No. 47 on the UK charts. Prior to that they released a handful of singles, including “Air War” and “Courtship Dating/Tell Me What To Swallow."

Along with establishing a growing fan base, Alice Glass and Crystal Castles have shown a tendency to ignite plenty of controversy. Her wild on-stage antics during the Glastonbury festival in June 2008, forced organizers to shut down their set early, an incident that hints at the band’s reputation as a great live act.

Heineken Open'er Festival 2009

celebrity picture community

Music Hall of Williamsburg

Wah Wah 21.11.2007

Andrew's Lane, Dublin HQ

Evolution Festival

Meredith Music Festival

Popped Festival Philadelphia 2008

Mercury Lounge, NYC

These are small, but stunning!

I didn't know we had an alice glass thread! I love her style and the way she does her make up. Just a simple knee length skirt and t shirt with some black eyeshadow and she's stunning. I have been hunting for good pics for ages to copy her make up. Thanks!

Ultra Music Festival HQs :heart:

How do I look?: Alice Glass, Singer, age 21

My look is more grandmother's leftovers than heroin chic. Besides, I don't talk about drugs. This skirt was my grandma's. It's kind of too big on me. She didn't leave me any of her cool clothes from the Forties, just her cheap polyester stuff.

I bought this jacket at By the Pound in Toronto. It's one of those places where you look through a heap of stuff and sometimes you score. Everything's priced based on its weight. This was about $8 (about £4). People would look better if they didn't spend money on clothes. If they took what they found and just made the most of it, that'd be good.

I'm feminine: I'm wearing a skirt, I own a bra. I think that whole big blonde look has been taken over by transsexuals now. I'm a natural blonde, but that blonde hair, big t*ts idea of what men want, it's now really unfeminine.

I've had my hair like this since I was 13. Before that, it was much shorter. I had a Chelsea, which is bangs [a fringe] and then the rest is shaved off.

My tights are always ripped. I don't think it's possible to be on tour and own a pair of tights that aren't ripped. If I threw them out, I would just be buying a new pair of tights every day.

My top is from a sports store in Dalston. It's a sweater for little boys; I bought loads of them. Usually I wouldn't go shopping in London. I've been to a couple of vintage stores here and they're pretty pricey. Toronto is probably the best place for vintage clothes.

I must have come out of the womb wearing Converse. I just wear them until they rip and become sandals. I like the white ones when they get that awesome brown shade. I can't take anything valuable on tour; kids jump on stage and steal my stuff.

My make-up routine involves putting a bunch of black stuff on my eyes. I've worn lipstick before, but I'm not big into it. I don't really care or think about how I look. I wouldn't wear something I didn't like, but I've never had a real job so no one's ever told me how to dress.

independent.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->