Alice Temperley

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by nycgirl84, Jul 30, 2004.

1. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

I had heard of Alice Temperley before, but she was brought to my attention again with this month's Vogue. I checked out more of her designs, and I really like them. What do you all think?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Max

Max New Member

She definetley has an interesting blend, all the pieces same a similar pallette yet all seem to be of a slightly different, but consistently classy and toned-down, fashion.

The first dress is really traditional, but the intersecting trim works well to highlight the model's curves, although perhaps the center should have been lower. I'd be interested in seeing how it looks from the back.

The second dress is a more trendy and youthfull. I like the idea of the black accent on the top, but it does not seem to come out so well. Also the ruffles not coming all the way down leaves the garment looking unfinished. The skirt is outstanding however, the pattern is clean and perfectly placed. The black/white contrast works exceptionally well here.

The third dress has a great cut up top, but perhaps it should have been longer. I am not the biggest fan of the circular pattern on the lower half.

I am quite the fan, however, of the hat and the fourth dress. Simple, seductive and playful. Well done.

3. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

INSANELY OVERPRICED...that's what i think... :innocent:

4. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

love the final dress. is that some sort of lace? very sexy!

5. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I can see the appeal, although it's not my style. :flower: The outfits seem to have a very 1920s feel to them.

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i like her work when she's not repeating herself.

she loves details and she loves the twenties so we have two things in common.
    my other problem is that sometimes her work seems somehow 'too heavy'.

check here looks from her fw04 collection and perform FS search if yiu want to catch fragments of her past collections

7. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

She seems to be on a quest for the holy party frock.

8. kit

kit New Member

9. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

Total agreement.

10. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

Thanks for the link, Lena. I saw that collection, but I couldn't find a site that allowed me to post pics from it.

11. luvkoshi

luvkoshi New Member

I like her too and also had my interest peeked with that latest Vogue feature. She has great personal style- like she's living in a comfortable, practical fairy tale.

12. Plumour

Plumour New Member

I sorta like her clothes when they are in lighter colors and have a lighter touch/feel to them.

not a fan of the dark/heavy colored, printed ones though (eg. FW 04).

13. helena

helena Swim Upstream

Kit - thanks v. much. I like the Temperley dresses - they are very pretty - very London girl.

That article is worth reading - how certain celebrities can be very bad PR! Thats something I have often thought - particularly when I see some dumb celeb wearing the latest 'it' bag or 'it' item. It really puts me off - arguably that reflects badly on me because if you like something because its beautiful, then it shouldn't matter who wears it. But would it not be niave to think that an item's association with a particular person is not influential on your view of it? Thats the whole basis on which designers market their collections these days though isn't it. Selling an image and all that....if they sel an uncool image then no-one will buy the clothes. Can't help but feel that fashion (at least some big labels in fashion) is becoming more about the image & less about the product. Although I am, of course, swayed by the image too, I think that is such a shame.

Look forward to seeing Jordan wearing some Dior any day soon! Its pperfect for her! :lol: :lol:

14. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

thx for the article kit...it makes a good point...but it's just the other side of the coin...if you want the good press...you have to accept that some will be bad... i liked the article :flower:

15. Tinetush

Tinetush What fresh hell is this.?

I like pretty much all what I have seen of hers, well almost :flower:

And I'm very into the 1920's so thats just fine by me :heart: :heart: :heart:

16. funkyflamingo

funkyflamingo New Member

i like her clothes very simple and sexy