Alistair Carr and Pringle of Scotland Part Ways

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score

After little more than a year as Pringle of Scotland design director, Alistair Carr is being replaced by the label's in-house creative team.

Carr, a Central Saint Martins who had previously worked at Balenciaga, was appointed design director of Pringle of Scotland in March last year, succeeding Clare Waight Keller , who left for Paris label Chloé.

The label's existing in-house team will take over the design direction of the brand, which shows on the official schedule during London Fashion Week. The decision to part ways was said to be amicable and a mutual decision, according to WWD .

Jean Fang, Pringle's chief executive officer, also revealed that the label plans to focus on smaller presentations over catwalk shows, and concentrate on its luxury cashmere and wool separates through small-scale retail stores.

Carr will stay on until mid June to oversee the menswear collection which will be presented during the inaugural London Collections: Men event, and to direct the autumn/winter 2012 advertising campaign.

"I want to thank Alistair for all his great efforts and contributions at Pringle. We will miss him, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors," said Fang.
telegraph.co.uk

Already? :blink: I wonder if it was his decision or if it's a money issue, seems strange to me they would replace him by their creative team after such a short time. I thought he was a good fit for Pringle.

That seems like a really odd decision, replace a talented designer who was doing a great job with in-house team and focus on "smaller presentations" and "small-scale retail stores"? I can only think of money issues indeed.

Sad to hear this. Alistair was doing a spectacular job revisiting the heritage of the label while instilling his own aesthetic. I really hope another fashion house picks up Alistair, or better yet, he start his own line. He's far too talented.

Looking at his very short stint at this house, I can't help but see some similarity to the direction the ailing Burberry brand had when Bailey took over creative directions and turned it into such a phenomenal empire. Perhaps the Pringle's investors expected that same phenomenon with Carr. I liked his design direction for the house enough-- but not enough to invest in the pieces, and I suppose that's how the investors felt.

I read somewhere that the sales did worse and worse when he was around. And that Pringle is going back to its roots. Sad, if you ask me.

what a shame, i was rooting for him

but now he can go back to balenciaga and fix the mess that's going on there

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->