All About Eyebrows

so if u have a natural thin eyebrow, using rogaine will not help make it thicker? It doesnt hurt the eyes as well since the eyebrow is close to it and all?

Castor oil really helps!

Applying pure castor oil to your eyebrows and lashes, particularly those who have scanty growth, will make them grow thick and long. For tired or puffed eyes, place a cotton pad soaked in chilled rose water. Keeping thin slices of cucumber ready in the refrigerator beforehand is ideal.

...and some tips: ^_^
http://www.wikihow.com/Have-Beautiful-Eyelashes-and-Eyebrows-Using-Castor-Oil

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally have somewhat fine haired brows, but when I dyed them they looked a little thicker. Maybe they're just more even and dark.

Does the Rogaine thing really work? I should probably talk to a professional. The last thing I'd want is to lose them completely! It sounds crazy enough to work, though.

Yeah Rogaine really works. It won't grow hair where you don't have a hair root but if you have a root there it can possibly be re-grown with the help of Rogaine. My derm said it was fine to use because the area it's applied to is pretty small and the amount you need is so little that it wouldn't have any bad effects or anything.

Random Bald Patches in Eyebrows?

This is not from over-plucking as these bald patches appear right in the middle of my eyebrows. It doesn't seem to be due to any irritation such as rubbing there too much to get rid of an itch or something. I simply seem to get random bald patches every now and again. Does anyone else have this problem? They eventually go away by themselves, but does anybody know how to get rid of these bald patches quickly? They look so awful.

This sometimes happens to me too. I think the cause is that some hairs are at a different stage in the growing cycles than others so they fall out to make way for new hairs.

Help : Eyebrows!

Okay, so i have got eyebrows like Camilla Belle ... maybe a little bit bigger -it's hard to tell what they're really like from photos...

But i want to know how to keep them looking so PERFECTLY shaped... can you get some kind of eyebrow gel or something to keep them in shape through the day ?

Any help will be greaaaat!

Yeah you can get eyebrow gels and things. I don't know of any of the top of my had, I used to have a wax in an eyebrow kit form 17 and that was amazing. Failing that, clear mascara?

well I have a few tips. Number one, dont tweeze under the mainline of the eyebrow to make them thinner, tweeze in fast motions above them to try and lower them, think Edita V's eyebrows which sit low. Also pluck in fast motions in the thickest (middle) part of the eyerbows. If your eyebrows are dark, use facial hair bleach to disguise those ugly hairs that are below the main archline of the eyerbow, because otherwise you'll keep getting re-growth and it might look green from a few inches away (do you know what I mean)? If it doesn't contrast with you hair and eyelash colour to much, bleaching your whole eyebrow may soften it's appearance, but remember if the instructions say leave it for 10 minutes only leave it on 5 or half the reconmended time. Remember it's better to leave it on for a little bit them remove it and lighten more later if you have to but you don't want orange eyerbows. Also I saw a little comb that is like 3 dollars which is available from american drug stores that tugs at the hair in the eyebrows (not painful at all) and using the little blades it cuts the thickness out of the eyebrow. Remember nature knows best so don't go against the natural arch or length of the eyebrow, just tidy it. Also there's hundreds of useful videos on Youtube that have great eyebrow tips. Also once you have got the shape you want use a combination of clear mascara and a brow shader or pencil (I reconmend MAC) to keep them in shape, this is good incase you over pluck or don't have time to pluck on other occasions.

well I have a few tips. Number one, dont tweeze under the mainline of the eyebrow to make them thinner, tweeze in fast motions above them to try and lower them, think Edita V's eyebrows which sit low. Also pluck in fast motions in the thickest (middle) part of the eyerbows. If your eyebrows are dark, use facial hair bleach to disguise those ugly hairs that are below the main archline of the eyerbow, because otherwise you'll keep getting re-growth and it might look green from a few inches away (do you know what I mean)? If it doesn't contrast with you hair and eyelash colour to much, bleaching your whole eyebrow may soften it's appearance, but remember if the instructions say leave it for 10 minutes only leave it on 5 or half the reconmended time. Remember it's better to leave it on for a little bit them remove it and lighten more later if you have to but you don't want orange eyerbows. Also I saw a little comb that is like 3 dollars which is available from american drug stores that tugs at the hair in the eyebrows (not painful at all) and using the little blades it cuts the thickness out of the eyebrow. Remember nature knows best so don't go against the natural arch or length of the eyebrow, just tidy it. Also there's hundreds of useful videos on Youtube that have great eyebrow tips. Also once you have got the shape you want use a combination of clear mascara and a brow shader or pencil (I reconmend MAC) to keep them in shape, this is good incase you over pluck or don't have time to pluck on other occasions.

Thanks this was brilliant!!! I shall do lots of these.. apart from bleaching cos i like them dark, but still thanks :smile:

Thicken eyebrows?

Is there any way to thicken one's eyebrows? I've heard some people using Rogaine on their eyebrows but I'm not quite sure about it..I don't want them to get suuuper thick. Had anyone tried the Rogaine method?

I have a wonderful shape but I wish my eyebrows were just a bit thicker so I wouldn't have to darken them with a pencil all of the time!

Any suggestions?

Yep, I used Rogaine. I had overplucked one of my eyebrows (yeah, nice look). My eyebrows are really thick naturally.

I had read about it in Allure years ago, and I went to the store and bought the kind they suggested: Extra Strength Men's.

I used it on a Q-tip every night. It really works! I talked to my dermatologist about concerns but he said that since I am using so little over such a small area, there would probably be no adverse effects and there weren't.

It worked REALLY well. I suggest it!

Well this makes me more confident about it!

How long did it take to get thick eyebrows to grow in?

And would any Rogaine work or should I use the extra strength for quicker results?

maybe it's possible to create even a new eyebrow line with the product? like say applying some above the original eyebrow --i wonder if it would grow...

^Is Rogaine available in Europe?

My brows are SO sparse, they've thickened a bit with age. My mum has the thickest eyebrows, and hers were thin like mine when she was young...I just can't wait 20 years :lol:

^Is Rogaine available in Europe?

My brows are SO sparse, they've thickened a bit with age. My mum has the thickest eyebrows, and hers were thin like mine when she was young...I just can't wait 20 years :lol:

I'm sure you can get it off of Amazon.com or eBay and have it shipped over.

I have used Talika's Eyebrow Lipocils... But they only lengthened my brows, not thicken. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->