All About Eyebrows

Does anyone know how to block out eyebrows as Pat McGrath does often? Like at the Spring 2004 Galliano show where they were all made up to look like victorian dolls she applied the eyemakeup up and over the eyebrows as if they weren't there. Anyone know how to do it?

I know when they did Karen Elsen's break-through Italian Vogue shot, where she's done up like a psychedelic rag-dolly, they had to shave her eyebrows off entirely, though hers look like they are fairly fine and thin to start with.

How badly do you want the no-eyebrows look? You might be able to get some latex film, such as they use in special effects makeup (like for doing Klingon foreheads, but smooth, not ridgy) and smooth out your eyebrows by sticking the film on with gum arabic. You'd have to blend the latex film in with the rest of your skin with foundation, though if you were painting your face wild enough (like nearly-white like the Victorian Bisque Doll makeup) it wouldn't be so much of a problem. This would be hideously uncomfortable and a lot of work, and getting the glue back out of your eyebrows would be a b*tch on stilts, but it might beat shaving your eyebrows off entirely. They take a LONG time to grow back...

Don't you wish you could just write Pat McGrath a letter? I know I do sometimes.

yes i do. She is amazing...does anyone knwo where she went to school? I know that she originally started out studying painting...if anyone knows let me know.

What you need to use is a sealant that can be bought at special make up stores (thetre and stuff). It's kind of a waxy thing and you put it on top ofthe brows evenly and after that you just apply foundation, etc. as you would normally.

HTH,

Sofia

Originally posted by ykidkwis@Jan 19th, 2004 - 11:25 pm
yes i do. She is amazing...does anyone knwo where she went to school? I know that she originally started out studying painting...if anyone knows let me know.
I have an article on her (from the August 2003 UK Vogue) that says she was a textiles student. She eventually dropped out of art college but was discovered on the street in London when a tv host stopped to admire her makeup and asked if she'd do the same thing on her. From there she moved on to doing the music for music videos and magazines and the rest, as they say, is history.

The school she went to was the local art college in Northampton, where she grew up.

Originally posted by dazzle@Jan 19th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
shave? or put hexa foundation? haha
Don't shave your eyebrows!!! They would grow back very slowly and you might find that you don't care for the no-brow look 24/7. Not to mention that eyebrows are there for a reason. :P

Originally posted by HBoogie+Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Jan 20th, 2004 - 3:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ykidkwis@Jan 19th, 2004 - 11:25 pm
yes i do.  She is amazing...does anyone knwo where she went to school?  I know that she originally started out studying painting...if anyone knows let me know.
I have an article on her (from the August 2003 UK Vogue) that says she was a textiles student. She eventually dropped out of art college but was discovered on the street in London when a tv host stopped to admire her makeup and asked if she'd do the same thing on her. From there she moved on to doing the music for music videos and magazines and the rest, as they say, is history.

The school she went to was the local art college in Northampton, where she grew up. [/b][/quote]
hmmm...i guess i heard wrong...thanks for the info!

I want my eyebrows to be thicker than they are now, because they are too blonde.

i used this brush thing last night at my friends house before we went out cause i thought it was like a brow brush.....but it had some brown stuff on it which i didnt see till i realised it had made my brows so much bigger

and now i want them to naturally be like that.....does anyone know how :unsure:

i'm afraid i cant help but i sure think the look suits you acid, go for it :flower:

Well, Sean, you don't like to wear makeup on a daily basis. What I do everyday is, I have a clear brow gel, and I have a brown mascara. I use the mascara wand from the brow gel and dip it in the mascara tube, and dip it back to the clear brow gel. This will tint the gel, and will make your brows slightly darker. You dip the wand gel on the mascara tube only once, and never again, otherwise you will have a chunky unnatural look. but of course, you can dip it twice or three times until you achieve the exact tone and texture. Of course, you can use a blonde mascara also if you think that brown might look way dark :wink:

thanks Alejandro

i was wondering more like if you pull some hairs out.....will they grow back twice as thick......like body hair, or will they vanish forever

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 25th, 2004 - 1:55 am
thanks Alejandro

i was wondering more like if you pull some hairs out.....will they grow back twice as thick......like body hair, or will they vanish forever
no no no.
get TALIKA lash thickener which you can also use on your eyebrows. its fibres meant to thicken the density :wink:

DON'T pull out your eyebrows, Sean, they don't always come back or do so very slowly! Be careful, as one looks quite peculiar without eyebrows! :wink:

Shoot, if it were possible, I'd give you about half of mine! :o I have dense, brushy eyebrows that want to merge into one Frieda Kalo-esque continuous eyebrow nation. I wage a continual battle to maintain two reasonably shapely eyebrows.

You might try using a dab of some kind of hair dye on your eyebrows for color. If your main problem is that they are too light in color, this would be a long-lasting solution--good for a couple of months. If they are simply just very fine hair, then using a light coat of mascara, just on the hair part of the eyebrows should thicken them up. Maybe try a lighter mascara meant for blondes or redheads.

Sean,

If you want to have more brows, you can use minoxidil (sp?) the same stuff men use to stop hair from falling and grow some back. Use it with a q-tip, so that you only apply it on the brow area. In less than a month you should see results and your brows will be 'bushier'. But use it with a q-tip, you don't want to look like Omar Shariff!

As for the idea Alex gave you, it's good, but MAC makes eyebrow gels with color. I personally use the clear one, but there is a light brown (taupe type of color) and a darker one as well.

You can also dye the brows, but use a product especially made for lashes and brows (I have a pro product, but not with me right now. Bare with me and I'll get you the name). DON'T get the stuff they sell at Boots, it makes hair look grey instead of really dying them.

HTH,

Sofia

pulling hair out does not make it grow back thicker.

that's the truth.

nornor

i bought the talkia leyla :smile:

the SA in space NK uses it and she looked fking good

Has anyone tried Rogaine? I remember reading an article about it in Allure I think, but now I don't remember it. Do you use the Men's or Women's version? I overplucked my eyebrows the other day and I'm afraid they're not going to come back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->