All About Eyebrows

You can only make perfect eyebrows if you have decent eyebrows to start off with, my eyebrows are a lost cause. You can have my long eyebrows if you want! Be warned they stick up at the front! :smile:

I have also heard the tip to use Rogaine. Just use it at the ends where you want more hair to grow in - apply with a Q-tip.

Thanks guys :flower:
I've decided to colour my eyebrows and to fill them in to make them longer.
I'll post pics when I'm done ! ^_^

speaking of eyebrow colouring-in.. i wouldn't reccomend RIMMEL eyebrow pencils, they wear off really quickly (like, over dinner quickly).

x

That's weird! I use RIMMEL eyebrow pencil and i find it's the best one i've used so far. Never comes off unless i use make up remover on them.

seriously? have i just got a duff one? lol.. cuz i've tried it four or five times now (same pencil) and it's faded really quickly..

x

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if regular cosmetic brands sell brow stencils ?

I can't resist wearing that MAC eyebrow-set, including a fixating transparent mascara, you can become Francoise Hardy with those colours and textures.
Eyebrows are such a key element... à la Callas, à la Penelope Tree, à la Amanda Moore...

sofialuv said:
That is soooo true!!!
Yesterday i did mine. I used a bleaching cream proper for face use.
It makes the face more luminous and the eyes seam to show more on the face.

I have been doing this for quite a while now and the other day i discovered that is really a beauty trick as i saw it on the Kevyn Aucoin book.

:wink:

exuse me for being off topic, but, i bleached my brows,,,,after reading this thread and wanting to try this for ages, i just finally went ahead ,,,,,, its a nice subtle change ^_^

Someone mentioned Threading earlier. My eyebrows looked best when I was having them threaded! Its preferable to waxing because waxing pulls on the skin around your eye and threading does not.
To soften the pain of tweezing, waxing or threading. Dont do it right before or during your period...your skin is more sensitive at this time. Caffeine makes your skin more sensitive also. You can dab a little toothache medicine carefully around your eyebrows to numb it.

golden butterfly find an eyebrow pencil in a similar shade to yr eyebrows
then just extend the line of your brow using short gentle strokes
build up the colour for stronger shape & effect
hope this helps :flower:

floatingworld said:
Someone mentioned Threading earlier. My eyebrows looked best when I was having them threaded! Its preferable to waxing because waxing pulls on the skin around your eye and threading does not.
To soften the pain of tweezing, waxing or threading. Dont do it right before or during your period...your skin is more sensitive at this time. Caffeine makes your skin more sensitive also. You can dab a little toothache medicine carefully around your eyebrows to numb it.
:blush:Sorry...I meant to post this in the other eyebrow thread.

To get the shape of these eyebrows do I need to use brow stencils ? Or is it any other way I can have them ?
:flower:

satine112 said:
Also, Paula Dorf has an eyebrow kit out, and you can basically make perfect eyebrows! www.pauladorf.com

I bought the eyebrow kit from Sephora and I have no darn clue how to use the brow stencils.

You cant trace the stencils because they're too small.

Anyone have a clue on how to use the stencils in an effective manner?

Golden_butterfly said:
To get the shape of these eyebrows do I need to use brow stencils ? Or is it any other way I can have them ?
:flower:

http://www.imageshack.us/

Have you tried taking the picture with you to a beautician ? she would probably be able to help you get you eyebrows in that shape if possible :flower:

i dont think stencils are a very good idea as they are "one size fits all" and we all have differently shaped faces with different size foreheads, eyes, space between eyes etc. all these different factors affect your ideal brow shape. i think its best to stick with a pencil and some powder and just practice till you get it right!

the most important thing to keep in mind when using a pencil is that you dont want to make your brows opaque looking; start off with your pencil freshly sharpened and use short thin strokes to mimic hair. usually i will use a pencil like that, then soften the pencil a bit with a brow brush, and then apply a little eyeshadow in a similar shade to set. try to get a pencil that is a little lighter than your brows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->