Allison Burns bags

Hi elsa!

I was really into the Allison Burns bags too--until I finally owned them. I'm 5'7 and I feel like the shoulder strap is too short for me to sling comfortably across my chest. (With bags like these, I prefer the bag to hang slightly below my hip) In my opinion, the bag would've been much better if the strap was longer than 24 inches.
On the other hand, I recommed the Ryan Sling Hobo by Julie Knapp in Silver or Gold. Shopbop sometimes carries it, but I think they're out of stock.

There'

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to both for your advice!
Nova, I see the point about the strap: I'm as tall as you, and I know that to make me fell comfortable the strap has to be at least 27 inches long. But finally is it possible to you to finally sling the bag around the chest, or is it hell? Thanks for the link, but I think that I would buy the bag in blue or in green.
Luna, why don't you like much the quality? Is it about the leather? I have the impression that the leather is too thin and could easily scratch. Am I right?
Thanks!

Hi elsa

You can sling the bag across your chest if you want to, but for me it's a bit of a hassle! I think that at the current strap length, the bag would suit a more petite frame.

The bag itself is about 20 inches long, so what I'd recommend is you try out how comfortable you would be with a bag of those dimensions by using something similar.

As for the quality of the leather.. Well, I own the pink and eggplant versions and frankly, I'm not too impressed. It's ok for distressed leather but it's just too thin and it does get scratched easily. Overall, it's an ok bag but it's not that impressive in real life.

Ok, I see...You were very clear and helpful :D
Thanks a lot!
Elsa

i used my faithful bag a lot in the fall and winter and just recently got it back out again.
but i noticed that the leather is sort of flaking off.

has anyone else had this happen?

also i went to the website and they're about 1/2 price now.

my mom has the blue faithfull bag. the leather is very supple and distressed. She likes it.

Hi - I have the faithful in silver -sorta regret buying it -the more I look at it, the more it just reminds me of tin foil :-) The leather is OK, not great.
But, I'm petite and it slings comfortably across my chest.
I actually took it out and used it the past 2 days - just b/c I wanted to get some use out of it before the summer is over..

I find that this bag is better used in the fall.. It's very hot out.. and the last thing I want on me is some hot leather strap across me.

I still have mine... but I don't use it much... I get little bits of leather from the strap on my t-shirt or whatever top i'm wearing... but that's becasue the edges of the leather aren't even finished. :rolleyes:

i have the faithful in white and gold.....i agree with everybody here, the leather is ok but nothing impressive....i get a lot of use to it since i can sling them over my chest on casual days (casual wear) but oh my i hope that my leather does not flake off (not flaking off as of this moment)....it sucks i got it from ebay 2 yrs ago when it was still hot and the price was unbelievable and now 1/2 the price THAT SUCKS!

I find that this bag is better used in the fall.. It's very hot out.. and the last thing I want on me is some hot leather strap across me.

I still have mine... but I don't use it much... I get little bits of leather from the strap on my t-shirt or whatever top i'm wearing... but that's becasue the edges of the leather aren't even finished. :rolleyes:

Me too!! I got mine in April and I had the same problem everytime I wore a blk coat or dark colored sweater - it was so annoying :-)

I know this is an old thread...and an old bag. I am interested in an Allison Burns gold Faithful hobo bag. I think it would be perfect for me when I need a hands free bag. Does anyone know where I can get one on sale. I do not really want to pay retail for a bag that is old and sort of not in right now.:innocent:
I looked on ebay and could not find any in gold. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->