Allure April 2009 : Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by moussemaker, Mar 16, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. moussemaker

moussemaker Active Member

source justjared.com
    [​IMG]

2. Luxx

Luxx boop

OMG TAYLOR SWIFT ON TEH COVER OF ALLUER!!11 THAT IS SEW KEWL, SHE IS MY FAVORITE STAR!!!11 WHEEEEE!!! MAGAZINES THIS MONTH ARE SEW GR8 NO MORE OLD PPL ON THEM ONLY STUFF 4 US KIDZ!!11

WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

::Reapplies Lipsmackers::
    ::Adjusts ponytail::
    ::Sips chocolate milk from I heart Twilight mug:::

3. adorefaith

adorefaith i'm almost ready..

snippets from the interview..

justjared.com

as much as people lump her in with the tween, disney crew (and she may fit there to some extent..), i think there is more to taylor swift and as her career and her life develops i think that will become apparent. ^_^ sure, right now she looks like a young 18 yr old pretty girl with an average voice who appeals to young screaming girls like those other disney kids but i think with time she will separate herself from that....and her talent, at least as a songwriter, will hopefully become more of the focus..

so with all due respect Luxx, i actually think she is a very different subject to the Twilight kids or whoever else is cool right now. :flower: but i suppose time will tell.

#3 adorefaith, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 16, 2009
  4. Faith Akiyama

^I believe she's "different" as well, but this cover would be one of the first attempts to blatantly position her that way. As far as I can tell she is still lumped with the JoBros, Miley, etc. (Grammy performance anyone?), so it's indeed quite a paradox to see her suddenly thrust into such a cover girl role when she is on the covers of tween magazines simultaneously.

Different she may be, but she still has a long way to go before she can convince me personally. This cover, however, is kind of forcing her down my throat, and I'm not enjoying it...:ninja:

#4 Faith Akiyama, Mar 16, 2009
  5. Faith Akiyama

I should add that with all the rumors surrounding Allure's doomed existence I'm not particularly surprised that they went in Taylor's direction.

6. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

I love this cover
    very good
    thanks for posting

7. Luxx

Luxx boop

I don't have anything against Taylor, to be honest with you I wouldn't be able to tell her music if you played it for me. I just think the tweenification of magazines thes past couple of months borders on ridiculous. Almost every major magazine has either a teen star or something catered to that demographic and it's weird... Not from a financial perspective but just in general. So it's not really an inditement of her, it's just my own admittedly sarcastic comment on something I find perplexing. I miss adults, I miss grown up things.

#7 Luxx, Mar 16, 2009
  8. parkereloise

parkereloise New Member

shes great i just got tickets to her concert she looks good thanks for posting

9. adorefaith

adorefaith i'm almost ready..

well i do think it makes financial sense.. she was the biggest selling artist of 2008.. i don't know much about the business of magazines but i would guess that they have $$ in their eyes as do most businesses. :mellow: in this sense i don't think it's weird....i sort of think it makes sense....like it or not...(and i do get sick of them too...taylor is just about the only 'teen' disney type star right now out there who i think has some substance to her.)

faith.. i hear what you're saying.. although i think that taylor is treading the line between teen star and serious musician quite well. on the one hand, she is only 18 and if she acted otherwise people would be slamming her.. saying she isn't acting her age, is trying to be something she isn't, is a party animal, is like every other young hollywood star, etc. on the other hand, she has been a paid (and very successful, well regarded) songwriter in nashville for many years now and has experience and insight that many other young singers out there don't have, imo. in some ways i think she is a bit of an old soul.. there is something about the way she observes human interactions and writes about them that completely separates her from the mileys and demis of the world.

it's a very delicate line, i think, between being young and at the same time being taken seriously as a musician....and i also think it's a very hard line, particularly in nashville, between country music and 'mainstream' music. so far i think she's doing extraordinarily well finding a balance. but i guess i am fairly supportive of this girl.. i think she has talent :innocent:

10. Faith Akiyama

^I certainly hope she grows apart from the stereotypes -- and the first step would be to distance herself even further from the Joe Jonas drama... (Not that her songs are helping the cause I guess) :lol: It's undoubtably too easy for the public to oversee talent as soon as anything "juicy" surfaces.

#10 Faith Akiyama, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 17, 2009
  11. nyc_art_style

nyc_art_style Active Member

to use your word, i don't understand the "tweenification" either. it's extremely strange that it is such a major part of the media and entertainment right now, even in a financial sense. I don't understand why magazines suddenly think that all their readers have the same interest as 12 year old girls. it just baffles me.

i think the best thing to do is just avoid publications that are giving in to this tween hype.

also i'm not really sure why i would care about the cover choice of allure anyway, i haven't picked up a copy of allure in almost a year.

#11 nyc_art_style, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by moderator rock_cat: Mar 16, 2009
  12. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

haha, Luxx - everytime you mention a tween cover you mention lipsmackers. It always makes me laugh how that is your go to thing :lol:

I agree with Adore on this one though. I think that Taylor clearly has some cross-generational appeal since she has outsold everyone else last year. But I agree, I'm tired of all this talk of Disney kids.

13. XavierRaphael

XavierRaphael New Member

She looks absolutley striking, teen star or not, shes perfect for an Allure cover. Allure is as far as she'll get. She can stick to Teen Vogue and J-14!

14. fer19dog

fer19dog Active Member

She looks great, I like it

15. harmonious

harmonious New Member

I really like the cover. The lightness of it is very pretty.

16. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

the lipcolour on the cover looks amazing.

17. Tinsley V

Tinsley V New Member

I could like her if I was possibly deaf -_-

18. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    allure.com

19. AbbeyRoad

AbbeyRoad Active Member

kind of wish they didn't do that to her hair!

20. fiqary

fiqary Active Member

She is beautiful. But the hair and red lipstick just does not work for her.