Allure April 2020 : The Dixie Chicks by Liz Collins

I don’t understand the harshness of the beauty industry - who does it help? I want to say grotesque but that is very mean … :P

They bargain on the names alone, that they're not moving the needle in terms of aspirational beauty. No wonder Youtubers and Influencers are sitting with a chunk of Allure's demographic.

More like clinic nurses?

Uh - ok....they sure have some interesting cover choices..............

Photographed by Liz Collins
Fashion stylist: Patti Wilson
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Makeup: Yumi Lee
Manicure: Ashlie Johnson

allure.com

There are probably articles on Monica Lewinsky's beauty secrets, why society cares so much about who took Britney's virginity, and styling tips on how you can make your living room resemble the set of Friends.

Love the Dixie Chicks but can’t help but feel they got a raw deal here. The shoot and cover arrangement isn’t great at all.

Genuinely have never heard of the Dixie Chicks (thought the woman in the middle was Robyn at first glance), but putting that aside, I'm still baffled over the outcome. While the cover is nothing offensive or unflattering, it just feels like a non-event. Yeah... next!

Genuinely have never heard of the Dixie Chicks (thought the woman in the middle was Robyn at first glance), but putting that aside, I'm still baffled over the outcome. While the cover is nothing offensive or unflattering, it just feels like a non-event. Yeah... next!

They were a popular girl group in the early 2000's. They faced a major backlash and were immediatley cancelled after they made negative comments about President Bush.

natalie-maines-dixie-chicks-controversy

Last edited:
EARTH TO YOU
Photographers:
Andreas Ortner
Stylist: Alexandra Fullerton
Hair: Halley Brisker
Make-Up: Naoko Scintu
Model: Joony Kim

Allure Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics