Allure February 2010 : Beyoncé by Michael Thompson

First J.LO, now Beyoncé? Bootylicious year for Allure, then. Bad cover, though.:doh:

Okay. That's interesting. I have a very strong distaste for Beyoncé Knowles, but it's very rare of Allure to come out with a full-body cover shot rather than... well, anything but, really, especially a close-up. Though I'm not one to shy away from change, isn't Allure in the end more beauty than fashion-oriented?... Hmm. Then again, this is just the cover.

It's actually kinda funny this cover should've been photographed next to a US Glamour one, because stylistically, this Allure cover is like the offspring of US Glamour and Cosmopolitan.

Would have to see a HQ version to make up my mind about it, though.

cant see it properly but it seems to be good...cant wait for HQ!

Refreshing to see them with such a different cover image, i like it for that alone.

Here is the full cover in MQ:

allurefebbeyopnce.jpg

zinio.com

I like the way the cover talks about romance and relaxation when Beyonce looks like she's about to spring into action - and I like that sense of slightly menacing energy, the glare on her face, and the sight of a good strong leg.

I like this one because at least it's different. Not the typical headshot of the cover star. She looks fab too. :ninja:

I like the way the cover talks about romance and relaxation when Beyonce looks like she's about to spring into action - and I like that sense of slightly menacing energy, the glare on her face, and the sight of a good strong leg.
I love me a good strong leg myself.And i looooove Beyonce.So it's all good.

I don't like this cover. I've always thought of them as a beauty mag, so I was expecting a headshot, not full body. It's too hard and agressive for me also.

That's not her best Allure Cover. She did better with that one.
Allure200208_00.jpg

fashion-iconography.net

so that last time allure used a full body shot was with fergie...who isn't exactly blessed with a pretty face...:ninja:
b, on the other hand, can be quite beautiful with the right makeup...
curious as to why they went the full body route here, other than to show off her gams..

I like it. If anything, I expected a headshot or a close-up but when I opened the thread, I was surprised. Beyonce for me looks great here. Menacing and fashionable. Plus she's a sort-of role model too. Ü

Good cover diferent

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->