Allure May 2020 : Jihyo by Ahn Jooyoung

JIHYO & TWICE (MQ)
Photographer: Jooyoung Ahn
Stylist: Kyoung Choi
Hair: Eunhee Son (Jihyo) & Jinhee Lim & Minjung Park (Jeongyeon, Mina, Dahyun, Tzuyu, Nayeon, Momo, Sana & Chaeyoung)
Make-Up: Dalae Jeon (Jihyo), Sangki Jo (Jeongyeon, Mina, Dahyun, Tzuyu) & Jungyo Won (Nayeon, Momo, Sana & Chaeyoung)
Models/Celebrities: Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Mina, Dahyun, Tzuyu, Nayeon, Momo, Sana & Chaeyoung

allure.com

JB (MQ)
Photographer: Jooyoung Ahn
Stylist: Yerin Jeon
Hair: Naejoo Park
Make-Up: Hansera Cho
Model/Celebrity: JB of GOT7

allure.com

The cover and editorials look like Chinese E-comm makeup campaigns nobody in the West knows about or how to pronounce.

No idea who these girls are or why we should care for them, but maybe Americans would because it's clearly intended for them? LOL. Michelle's track record when it comes to Asian beauty is abysmal and I'm all for fresh faces, but this is not the solution. Surely there are Asian women in America who would have been a better choice? Or even someone from Canada, maybe Sandra Oh considering Killing Eve is dropping the end of the month.

Huge fail, imo.

@A.D.C. you really think that Lucy was pushed well enough? Take a look at least at her Angel peers Cameron and Drew (or just Cameron as the other one got into acting as a child) and compare. I believe that this "same and only recognized Asian actress" hasn't been pushed enough at all.

I actually love the first cover very fresh and clean. South Korean inspired skin care regimens and beauty have become very popular in the West so the cover subject makes sense. Not too sold on the other covers or the ed.

I absolutely adore Lucy Liu, but in what world would it have made sense for her to book this cover? We’re not in 2003.

I may not be a fan of K-Pop or at all familiar with its stars, but there are a lot of (younger) Americans who are and who will most likely try to get their hands on one of these.

A PLACE IN THE SUN
Photographer:
Ronan McKenzie
Stylist: Tess Herbert
Hair: Shani Crowe
Make-Up: Mariko Hirano
Models: Leyssi de la Cruz & Kimberly Gelabert

Allure Digital Edition

Between this thread and the Jennie Kim cover, there seems to be either a hatred for Kpop or just a disdain for Asian superstars not known in the West... A little diversity wouldn't hurt no?

Way to highlight South Korea’s rampant colorism esp in regards to their K-Pop idols!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nina Barley
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->