Allure October 2019 : Lady Gaga by Daniel Jackson

I like that Allure cover, mainly for its unabashed focus on a made-up face.

None of their usual "natural is best" coyness, not when a celebrity wants you to put their products front and centre.

Allure's website credits: Julia Clancey turban worn as a dress. Makeup colors: Glam Attack in Angel Baby and Rose B*tch, RIP Lip Liner in Arc, and Le Riot Lip Gloss in Ethereal by Haus Laboratories

Now somebody tell me what happened here for Christ's sake! :-D

I love it, I don’t mind the hair... actually looks good. Is better than their latests months

God, she's so beautiful and striking that the horrible hair and cheap looking ''turban used as a dress'' completely fade away

the make up is on point, the hair is not

Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Fashion Editor: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Frederic Aspiras
Make-up: Sarah Tanno
Manicure: Miho Okawara
Production: Honor Hellon Production
Cast: Lady Gaga

allure

Nice little collector's item for her fans, not much value for anyone else really. Do like the cover oddly enough, but the editorial is just too much.

How big is the beauty market if all these people are putting out ranges and actually selling?? Kim, Madonna, Gaga, Rihanna.....

The money used to be in selling celebrity perfumes, now people must think they'll get a good return on creating celebrity make-up ranges.

The money used to be in selling celebrity perfumes, now people must think they'll get a good return on creating celebrity make-up ranges.

Totally! And soon the market will become over saturated and ninety percent of these lines will fold.

This is a nice cover though, although does the tagline refer to her makeup? If yes, then that's silly.

Nice little collector's item for her fans, not much value for anyone else really. Do like the cover oddly enough, but the editorial is just too much.

How big is the beauty market if all these people are putting out ranges and actually selling?? Kim, Madonna, Gaga, Rihanna.....

The market has become oversaturated .If you look at youtube ,people are talking about this and the need to step away from the whole thing.The buying public are over it .

The market has become oversaturated .If you look at youtube ,people are talking about this and the need to step away from the whole thing.The buying public are over it .

Indeed. The market has been saturated since about 2017 (well imo lol). Gaga is late to the game.

I for one quite like the hair. It's different and forms a really cool silhouette.

Instantly liked this upon first look, love the lighting, the makeup and the overall fierceness from Lady Gaga here. I can appreciate the simplicity of the cover, how the white background and minimal cover lines allows the image to do the talking etc.

The closeup shot of Gaga wearing those huge earrings would've made a fab alternative cover for subscribers or the digital edition.

200 pages-much bigger than last month.

In addition to the cover story:

"Best of Beauty"
P: Owen Bruce
S: Rajni Jacques
Makeup: Grace Ahn
M: Aira Ferreira, Chuyan He, Stella Duval, Ruby Campbell

"Julia Stiles Goes Back to the 90s"
P: Jens Ingvarsson
S: Ye Young Kim
Makeup: Courtney Perkins

"Work Book"
P: Jacqueline Harriet
S: Tess Herbert
Makeup: Kali Kennedy
M: Betsy Teske, Jaycina Almond, Oyinda

A lot of the issue is taken up with that 'Best of Beauty' nonsense that was a drag even back in the days when people had the patience for reading through page after page of text-heavy PR listings.

This time, they have out-done themselves by featuring Rodan + Fields fairly prominently, which is one of those companies that uses MLM selling strategies.

Gaga In The Haus (one extra shot)

Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Fashion Editor: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Frederic Aspiras
Make-up: Sarah Tanno
Manicure: Miho Okawara
Production: Honor Hellon Production
Cast: Lady Gaga

Allure Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads