Allure September 2008 : Carrie Underwood

harrietcamilla

Reaction score
carrie-underwood-allure.jpg

Carrie on dating when you’re famous: “You never really know why somebody wants to be around you, or if they do genuinely like you. I wish everyone had a label on their forehead so you could automatically tell their intentions. Sometimes you just wish that no one wanted anything from you.”

Carrie on her brief romance with Chace Crawford: “We didn’t have a fight. No one cheated. It plain didn’t work.”
Carrie on staying in touch with ex-flame Tony Romo: “We were both small town people doing very big things, and we relied on each other, dealing with fame. I don’t know. The phone will ring and it’ll be him, and I’ll maybe not answer.”
Carrie on her reservations about opening up to people: “I don’t want to name names, even though he probably deserves it, but he fooled around. Oh, yeah, and lied! It was one of those things that everyone knew but me. He was a good liar. Nobody would come out and tell me. And he seemed perfect in every way. I’m sure we’ve all run into these people, whether they’re friends, boyfriends or girlfriends.”
fadedyouthblog

Nice close up shot, thanks for posting

im surprised they didnt go with a bigger name for their september issue.

Strange photoshopping near her nose...she almost looks like Jennifer Lopez at first glance :shock: But Carrie is lovely so it's always wonderful to see her on a cover :smile: Thanks for posting!

DUDE. I didn't even recognize her when I first saw that!

I mean, it should look like 'you' when you look at the cover. She looks like Hillary Duff or anyone other blonde Hollywood person.....

She looks like Hilary Duff there. Not a fan. There are actresses who have movies and tv shows coming out and they put her on the cover. Boo! But before I get too upset, do we know who has October's cover of Allure?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, it should look like 'you' when you look at the cover. She looks like Hillary Duff or anyone other blonde Hollywood person.....
:blink::shock::o

That was the first thing that poped in my head, it looks like Duff or any blond celebrity,i dont recognize her at all, i bet not even she does.:doh:

This looks like ive seen it before somewhere, her looks looks bigger on one said than the other

It really doesn't look like her! Who does the make-up for this magazine now? I would think Pat McGrath for some reason.

^^Its not he same person every month, although Andrew Scott has been pretty regular lately.

Strange photoshopping near her nose...she almost looks like Jennifer Lopez at first glance :shock: But Carrie is lovely so it's always wonderful to see her on a cover :smile: Thanks for posting!

My thoughts exactly! With a beauty magazine, you would think they would try to show the natural beauty of a person, not photoshop and airbrush them to death!

My thoughts exactly! With a beauty magazine, you would think they would try to show the natural beauty of a person, not photoshop and airbrush them to death!

Well, it seems to be something that Allure has never adhered to. And to be fair there are no ads that are more photoshopped or otherwise manipulated than beauty advertisements. Since time immemorial.

Because there is no true beauty you see. It's all from a bottle, and if we just have all those bottles, we too can be beautiful, but until then we have to fret and tear out all our little hairs (so that we look like a primate fit for the Vogue cover)....

When I saw the cover I thought she looked like a J.Lo and Hilary Duff hybrid.

Now that I've read the other posts, I guess it's safe to say that I was right :lol:

Glanced at this while I was at work today. Models featured include: Raquel Zimmerman, Inguna Butane, and Hana Soukupova. There are at least 2 or 3 other editorials that I'm blanking on right now. But as usual with Allure, good content and quality edits :flower:

ETA: I think Julia Stegner was also featured, though I may be mis-remembering so don't quote me on that :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Rich Flavors"
Ph: Michael Thompson
Model: Raquel Zimmerman
(8 pages)

"Blunt Statements"
Ph: Greg Kadel
Model: Inguna Butane
(4 pages)

"Femme Fatale"
Ph: Carter Smith
Model: Julia Stegner