Allure's Top Choice?

karen k

Reaction score
i went shopping recently and i was looking at all the makeup at walmart and i had noticed that some had a red sticker on it and it said something like "Allure's top choice" or something like that. so what i wanted to know is just b/c it is allure's top choice, does that mean its good? what is your opinion on it?

Allure magazine does their top choices every year vote. Voted on by their readers...It doesn't mean that Allure agrees, with them or that it is the truth.

According to their readers Pantene Shampoo is the best shampoo on the market. YUCK.

Originally posted by Girl54@Jan 19th, 2004 - 10:01 pm
According to their readers Pantene Shampoo is the best shampoo on the market. YUCK.
I like Pantene. :smile:

But anyway, I don't know, those things are never dependable, as far as I'm concerned. It's nice to see what other people prefer, but there are just too many factors to really rely on what other people think or suggest.

some products may work for most people, but that doesn't mean it will work the same for me.
when it comes to makeup or skin care products, it's just so personal.
reading some reviews before getting certain things does help, but like it or not, only after I try it out myself :wink:

I've noticed those tags too. They have them on Maybelline Great Lash mascara and I would say that kind is one of the worst I've tried :yuk:

Thanks for the opinions. i wasnt really sure if it meant the product was good or not but now that i hear they put those tags on great lash and on pantene, i know that its not a top choice for everyone. :rolleyes:

Yeah because some products that are allure's choice or whatever work for some people and are hated to death by others just becuase it's a choice of a magazine or whatever doesn't mean it's good one thing you have to remember about makeup and skincare products is that result vary from person to person things like award or a readers choice are based on the majoritiys opinion but some products alot of people like may not work for you.

thanks! i understand now. i know you have to try the product yourself before you can actually see if its for you...but i would rather get everyone's opinion first on here. yall know so much more than me when it comes to this stuff. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"