''alternative rock'' fashion style

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by zina, Dec 29, 2009.

1. zina

zina New Member

I define it as a more polished,pop and futuristic rock style.Please post some inspiration pictures.Nylon magazine promotes this style a lot.It is about ankle boots,intense colours,graphic tees,leather jackets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

hilary-pics.com
    hollywoodtuna
    stylefrizz
    pinkisthenewblog
    nylonmag
    shoespotlight

2. zina

zina New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

denimology
    shoespotlight

3. 10thMuse

10thMuse New Member

my hole blog is about this style.. but i think i'm kinda tired of it. 2010 should bring new "winds" :sideways:

4. lafindesiecle

lafindesiecle New Member

i think this might fit into a few other threads about rock chic etc :)

5. jun3machina

jun3machina New Member

thank you hot topic: for without you, the underground scene would not be mainstream. without you, one would actually have to sew on the patches to their punk jacket, the consumer would actually have to know how to silk screen. thanks to you, we no longer have to burn holes into our shirts with cigarette buts, or fade our own rock shirts. thanks to you, all the leather jackets and boots are pleather. thanks to you our neon painted fingers adorned with faux punk cuffs no longer have to bleed or build callouses from putting pyramid studs on by hand or by actually playing the guitar.... thanks to you, there is no alternative.

6. KarlBear

KarlBear New Member

^So is there a difference between this and hipster style?

7. mims

mims New Member

sorry but this and the people pictured in this thread hardly have/represent "alt rock" style. This is more of a candy coated explosion of today's already washed out trends

8. zina

zina New Member

Sorry if I created a thread that was unnecessary..10thMuse I am glad I found out about your blog!it is awesome!

9. zina

zina New Member

does anyone know where I can find inspiration pics apart from Nylon mag?

10. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

i'm not sure that i quite understand this..i was thinking of like after grunge was over and the alternative scene blew up there was a certain style in the mid to late 90s..like when no doubt first came out and when the movie "clueless" came out.

11. fashionified

fashionified New Member

i thought alternative rock was suicide girls kind of look, with all that pvc, and piercings, and lots and lots of tattoos, not like these daddy's girl gone bad look @[email protected]

12. CursedPoet

CursedPoet New Member

Well, everybody sees alternative look in a dïfferent way. IMO alternative is not very different from indie style. I mean the real indie. It is all about looking different, dress in your own style, which includes even DIY. It's not so extragavant as for example punk is. For me, alternative is about jeans, cardigans, band t-shirts or t-shirts with funny motives, hats, bracelets and many things that aren't currently SO in (well, cardigans maybe are). Kick me if I am wrong

13. Amillion

Amillion New Member

I absolutely adore the look, but it's overkill

14. mims

mims New Member

i kind of agree-it is called alternative for a reason, and the fashions in NYLON are more of what you would find in mass production at stores like Forever21. Plus, the alternative music scene is so different now, I can't call any of these true alt music style at all