Altuzarra F/W 2018.19 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 3, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

VOGUE.COM

4. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

5. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Showing in Paris elevate his close indeed, some coats are decent and the mini bag is cute, but still the same soulless NY brand. We really dont need Altuzarra.

6. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

The thing is, if he had shown this collection in NY, it would definitely be seen as one of the (few) highlights of that week. It's pretty good. But when you show this in Paris, next to all the heavyweights, it really pales in comparison. This move didn't do him any favors.

7. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

He’ll never be the most innovative but goddamn I do love me a nice pencil skirt from Altuzarra!

8. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

some of the coats are really great, I'll give him that

9. Fashionstuff

Fashionstuff http://fashionworldstuff.

Why did he do it?Who cares about Altuzarra show and all this clothes during PFW? If he showed this collection during NYFW it could be one of the best collections of NYFW this time.

Marc10, agree with you.
    Chanel, Balenciaga , LV ect. , it is absolutely not his league.
    In this case for Off-White it was a clever move but for Altuzarra this is waste of money and maybe buyers and customers.

10. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

this was really unexciting :( i wish he would do more like what he did in NY ...

11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I really feel bad sometimes for not being touched by Altuzarra's clothes. To be honest, apart from his first 2 collections (FW09 and SS10), i've never really loved one of his show.

But, he is hardworking, his clothes are made in a very beautiful way. For example, you can see a sense of growth in his work compared to Wang or other designers who started around the same time as him.

These clothes are really well made, the collection is beautiful and i can see the influence of Paris in this. It's less formal in a way.

I just think that his clothes are kind of fillers. Those are not the kind of clothes that will give me the desire to go to a store and buy them. I may enventually come accross them in a department store, find a piece that looks good with the piece that i loved and buy it (if it's on sale).

And the fact that he thinks that a slit in a skirt is a signature is problematic.